PDA

View Full Version : wtff coil overs for w202?

krappy
10-11-2006, 12:59 PM
http://www.ultrarev.com/product.php?productid=31203

is this for real? does anyone know if these actually work and if they are any good? i would only get ajustable suspension if i could change the settings from inside the car but this looks interesting and decently priced

Denlasoul
10-11-2006, 01:26 PM
Never seen those before, but like the other I think that mounting the "coliovers" look problematic.

1) Mounting plate looks universal and most likely have to drill to mount

2) The top shock in picture, how would you mount that to the control arm?

Coilovers have been discussed a few times on the Board, nothing conclusive has been determined.

martattack
10-11-2006, 01:50 PM
Another issue with coilovers on our cars is the configuration of the suspension. If our cars had a typical MacPherson strut suspension like many other cars (including W203), Coilovers would be much easier to design

However our suspensions were not designed for that. They have spring perches where the spring rests between part of the unibody and the control arm. That is where the majority of the car's weight is supported from. I would be concerned that the strut towers are not designed to support the entire weight of the car.

jnenad16
10-11-2006, 01:50 PM
I dont think that is the photo of the actual product.

nenad

SLAMMED_C
10-11-2006, 02:33 PM
yeh I dont think thats a real pic of the W202 kit.. just a generic pic they put up.
I have never ehard of the company either.

I recently purchased the KW "coil over" kit form my W202.. so far I have only installed the shocks from the kit. and I am very pleased with the ride from the shocks alone (with my cut Eibachs) I had some issues with the KW kit as they sent me the wrong spring perch adjusters for the rear springs. but thats has since been resolved. I am still waiting to put the "coil over" adjusters and srpings in my car. I will most likely wait till next year now as its getting close to winter time over here and I dont want my car to be more of a snow plow then it already is!!
but when they do go in I will do a write up on how they feel. but if the springs and perches are anything like the shocks.. I will be VERY happy. I love the shocks in this kit.
it is very expensive though!! hopefully worth the money!

a few pics of the KW coil over kit.. my KW kit (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/266992/2)

krappy
10-11-2006, 04:30 PM
love your car man. its really nice. are those coil overs adjustable? cause i wana have somethign thats adjustable preferably from inside the car.

SLAMMED_C
10-11-2006, 04:38 PM
yes the coil overs are adjustable.. the springs ahve adjustable perches to adjust ride height, and the shocks are also fully adjustable from oft to hard dampening.. the springs need to be removed form the vehicle to be adjusted either lower or higher.. and the shocks are adjustable exernally (with the shocks mounted on the car)