PDA

View Full Version : M111 kompressor pulley spec

Mercedes DIY
10-12-2006, 01:06 AM
does anyone have a pulley that they would be willing to donate so we can get copies made? it really doesnt cost much.

have you ever looked at prices for other supercharged cars? I hate the fact that just because its a "mercedes" people think they can charge 100's of $$ more.

if I can get the spec.. I will be willing to get these made and sell them for cheap. after that happens, everyone on Club202.net with a C230 Kompressor will have one

Pagz
10-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Im just looking into having Unorthodox make me the N/A 230 pully and maybe PS and Alt as well depending on price...they have given me a price for the crank pully but cant complete it until after the sema show etc...
i would send you my old Komp pully if i hadnt cut the second pully off it!!!...getting one on here might be difficult,not many carry them as spares;)...there hard to get off(for the novice) and if your 230K is missing one...your not going far!:D lol

omeyhomey
10-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by 23K
Im just looking into having Unorthodox make me the N/A 230 pully and maybe PS and Alt as well depending on price...they have given me a price for the crank pully but cant complete it until after the sema show etc...
i would send you my old Komp pully if i hadnt cut the second pully off it!!!...getting one on here might be difficult,not many carry them as spares;)...there hard to get off(for the novice) and if your 230K is missing one...your not going far!:D lol

No need to go to URI, Already sent off my 230K pulleys, should have a prototype real soon :) (less than 1-2 months). If you want to be the first one to test the pulley let me know and I will give you a significant "dyno tester" discount. PM me for details

Mercedes DIY
10-12-2006, 09:15 PM
im not only asking for specs but im asking if other people can get me the specs too.

Mercedes DIY
10-13-2006, 12:54 AM
I found this little quot on MBworld.. can someone shed some light plz?

ASP did when the infamous ASP Alloy Pulleys had issues.

what issues were they?

K_Sport Driver
10-13-2006, 01:47 PM
ASP makes a pulley for my previous car, which I actually ended up getting and loved. there was some concern that the pulley was unbalanced, though, which would fuck up your crankshaft which, of course, = shit tons of money to fix, even on a toyota. I couldn't imagine how much it'd be on a benz.

omeyhomey
10-13-2006, 02:55 PM
i agree unbalanced pulleys are VERY bad. I'm going to balance these to 10,000 RPM so im sure none of you will have any problems. And if you do figure out how to get higher then 10k rpm... LET ME KNOW!! :) haha

K_Sport Driver
10-13-2006, 07:47 PM
I bet you Paul (23k) figures out a way :D

Pagz
10-15-2006, 10:54 AM
...more than 10K LOL.....hows that theme song for "The Apprentice" go???:D

omeyhomey
10-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Hey guys,

Good news & bad news. Doing more R&D. Turns out there are two pulleys and they are on all the same models sort of randomely disperesed througout the models. This is going to make things alot more difficult b/c both 230K pulleys are NOT compatible with each other. I need some of you guys help. Can you guys take pictures of your crank pulleys and then state your year/model 230K car you have (stage model as well, C230, CLK230K , etc etc. Thanks

Pagz
10-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Weird...it maybe hard to tell the difference from pics!,must have somthing to do with the pully diameters maybe...because im fairly sure the crank seal and pully offset stays the same through out the range!...

Paul

xvvvz
10-18-2006, 12:22 PM
By "crank pulleys" I assume you mean the main pulley that drives both the regular belt and the SC belt? If so, here is a picture of my dusty one from a '99 C230K. It is kind of hard to get a camera down in there for a decent picture, so I am not sure if this will do you any good.

http://www.betterscanning.com/p/IMG_2024_6_1.JPG

omeyhomey
10-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by 23K
Weird...it maybe hard to tell the difference from pics!,must have somthing to do with the pully diameters maybe...because im fairly sure the crank seal and pully offset stays the same through out the range!...

Paul

Hello Paul,

Nope, not even close both diameters and the supercharger pulley offsets completely different on the two pulleys. very weird. and I double checked via the EPC to confirm as well as PL59. They are not the same pullies but are on various 23K models some one some the other. VERY weird.

I need a better picture of the pulley I need to see the whole pulley in the picture thanks.

This is going to make making a pulley very difficult but I will try and figure out the which went where. Most probably I am going to need VIN# with every pulley b/c some VIN# cars had one, some the other. Hope that helps. thanks

xvvvz
10-18-2006, 01:42 PM
>>I need a better picture of the pulley I need to see the whole pulley in the picture thanks.<<

Why don't you snap a picture of your pulley in the manner that you wish to see everyone else's pulley as an example so that we know what you want? I don't see how you are going to be able to "see the whole pulley" via any picture taken with the pulley installed, that is why I ask.

Doug

K_Sport Driver
10-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by xvvvz
>>I need a better picture of the pulley I need to see the whole pulley in the picture thanks.<<

Why don't you snap a picture of your pulley in the manner that you wish to see everyone else's pulley as an example so that we know what you want? I don't see how you are going to be able to "see the whole pulley" via any picture taken with the pulley installed, that is why I ask.

Doug
you can take a pic of the pulley while fully installed, you'd just have to take off the bumper, bumper cover, radiator, fans, and shroud. am I missing anything?

omeyhomey
10-18-2006, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by xvvvz

Doug

becuase that doesn't do me any good. really I need to know what it looks like on your car, I have both pulleys and know what they look like.

omeyhomey
10-18-2006, 11:06 PM
ok theres one way to tell which is which.

Back edge of the pulley and the other has a really thin lip on the rear edge. Tell me which model car you have and whether the you have the thick lip or the thin lip on the back side of the pulley behind the main accessory belt groove. hope that helps

Pagz
10-18-2006, 11:43 PM
ill check my old one tomorrow an give you measurements and model number...

omeyhomey
10-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by 23K
ill check my old one tomorrow an give you measurements and model number...

I already know model # i dont need those numbers. I just need to to know if it has the thick lip or thin lip and what year/chassis 230k you drive. thats all

Pagz
10-19-2006, 02:15 PM
i ment car model/chassis....
and damn i forgot to get it lol...tonight!;)

ncd
10-19-2006, 03:44 PM
if any one takes one off.. let us know how much it weighs too. so we can work out/estimate how much lighter aftermarket pully's are when they claim it is 80% lighter etc.

omeyhomey
10-19-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by ncd
if any one takes one off.. let us know how much it weighs too. so we can work out/estimate how much lighter aftermarket pully's are when they claim it is 80% lighter etc.

I already have the weights in. the reduction in weight will be nothing short of staggering. stock pulley is 8.940 lbs . The pulley is in the prototype phase. I am trying to get it out before sema but realistically it won't have a prototype until after SEMA but i'd love to have it before SEMA. I am trying to get the Benz pulleys out and they should be very soon. thx

Pagz
10-19-2006, 04:38 PM
ah my scales were correct then!...i remeber weighing mine at 4Kg....the N/A 230 pully is 2.8Kg i think(6.6lbs) that was one of the reasons i changed it:)....it will be hella lite in alloy;)

omeyhomey
10-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by 23K
ah my scales were correct then!...i remeber weighing mine at 4Kg....the N/A 230 pully is 2.8Kg i think(6.6lbs) that was one of the reasons i changed it:)....it will be hella lite in alloy;)

The NA pulleys are exactly 6.670 lbs, the supercharged 230K is 8.940 exactly (i have super accurate digital scale). typically my pulleys will be between 1.5-2.0 lbs max, and at 2.7HP per pound dropped from crank pulley, the gains will add up quick. No wonder those 230K cars aren't putting out much power it has to push that 9.0lb pulley around at 6000rpm, i kinda feel bad for that little 4-banger ;) . I will have updates soon. Let me know which pulley you have, the thick rear lip on rear edge or thing. thx

ncd
10-19-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by omeyhomey
The NA pulleys are exactly 6.670 lbs, the supercharged 230K is 8.940 exactly (i have super accurate digital scale). typically my pulleys will be between 1.5-2.0 lbs max, and at 2.7HP per pound dropped from crank pulley, the gains will add up quick. No wonder those 230K cars aren't putting out much power it has to push that 9.0lb pulley around at 6000rpm, i kinda feel bad for that little 4-banger ;) . I will have updates soon. Let me know which pulley you have, the thick rear lip on rear edge or thing. thx

LOL

ncd
10-21-2006, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by omeyhomey

hmm I cant feel a lip on my what i beleive to be the crank!.. but I can see some numbers following M111 on both crank and sc pully ... would that be of use too you... going to try out a flower mode pic right now so bbs.

ncd
10-21-2006, 04:21 AM
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3476/dscn1792zv2.th.jpg (http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn1792zv2.jpg)
hmm is that warping on the cap thing... normal?

Berger Chin
10-21-2006, 05:17 AM
In my and my friend experence.If pully reduse too much weightthe top speed will down 10 to 15km/h.

Pagz
10-21-2006, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by ncd
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3476/dscn1792zv2.th.jpg (http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn1792zv2.jpg)
hmm is that warping on the cap thing... normal?

yeh dont worry to much about that plastic cap..i think the rivits make it warp....only be worried if the steel plate under it is warped!;)

Pagz
10-21-2006, 10:45 AM
The Mass ring on my M111K crank pully is 7mm thick.
the car is a 97 manual sport
WDB2020242F643318.

if theres anything iv missed jus jet me know!.

ncd
10-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by 23K
yeh dont worry to much about that plastic cap..i think the rivits make it warp....only be worried if the steel plate under it is warped!;)

ok .. was slightly consearned as I sometimes hear a clatter/rattle when I accel and deacell...
I gues the clutch is on its way out.. as with slamed_c's case ... or atleast in the early stages of clutch death.

Mercedes DIY
10-21-2006, 11:18 AM
I am hearing this too.. sometimes I dont even know why I own my car with the M111.. it sounds like crap

noisy valve train, noisy diverter valve, noisy S\C clutch..

I cant even cruise it through a parking lot with my car sounding like a diesel!

Pagz
10-21-2006, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by ncd
ok .. was slightly consearned as I sometimes hear a clatter/rattle when I accel and deacell...
I gues the clutch is on its way out.. as with slamed_c's case ... or atleast in the early stages of clutch death.

definatly check it out if your hearing noises!

ncd
10-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by 23K
definatly check it out if your hearing noises!

thnx to slamed_c's experinces we can all probably rebuild and service our own super chargers.. Just not sure on how easy the removale of it is... I wouldnt mind just giving it a little oil service, the only thing i didnt like about that was the $60 oil and not having a clue where to get it, but I do like the idea of black goup comming out of it! and a chance to inspect the condition of the tclutch.

ncd
10-21-2006, 03:43 PM
http://www.oguraclutch.co.jp/english/e_products/sc/sc_gaiyou.htm
seen this babys

omeyhomey
10-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Berger Chin
In my and my friend experence.If pully reduse too much weightthe top speed will down 10 to 15km/h.

absolutely 100% incorrect. Pulley has nothing to do with top speed AT ALL. You are thinking of Differentials. If you increase to a higher performance differential you sacrifice to speed. In fact if anything your top speed will increase (assuming you dont have your top speed limiter still activated). The reason is the crank pulley provides so much more torque even at high rpms thereby allowing you to accelerate even quicker and it does so in all gears (where as ltw flywheel really only shows gains in lower gears and reduction of torque "feel" in higher gears). Hope that helps

REMUS
10-26-2006, 01:07 PM
I am very intrested in this pulley upgrade for my 99 c230k. Just let me know the details in what information I need too give.

omeyhomey
10-26-2006, 02:37 PM
There are two 230K pulleys. One has a thick portion behind the rear pulley groove that is flat and think. the 2nd is one that has a very thin portion that sticks out. just tell me which Pulley you have and which model/year car u drive

Pagz
10-26-2006, 03:24 PM
hows pricing going?

omeyhomey
10-27-2006, 04:46 PM
the 230K pulleys may be slightly cheaper than the normal benz pulleys heres my goals...

230K pulleys = $300-350
other MB pulleys = $350-400

Not 100% concrete but I am trying to provide the most inexpensive high quality pulleys to the benz market b/c I am sick and tired of these BS tunerz charging stupid money for crap that doesn't come close to their claims (evosport an example, saying 10-15 and really only providing 3-5).

jay123
11-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Dude, I'm game for that price!! I've got a '99 C230k. Question? Will we need to change the fuel pressure reg, the injectors, or add a chip to compensate for the fuel curve that will affect the engine with the puley upgrade?

Pagz
11-04-2006, 11:04 AM
The pully should make no difference to the combustion process...just more energy makes its to the wheels.

Pagz
11-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Prices look good!,
cant wait to see the results!
how long till we see a dyno result?

ps got your pm,accidently deleted my whole inbox instead of sent items....

Paul

omeyhomey
11-04-2006, 08:46 PM
Hey guys,

Just got back from SEMA!! :) Will post pics in another thread. No change needs to be done to ANYTHING. This is just allowing more of the engines natural power to reach the ground. i should have E55 dyno in the next month but honestly 230K gains could be equal or even greater than the E55 gains (believe it or not). One b/c its a supercharged car and not a naturally aspirated car, and second b/c the pulley weight differences (stock vs. lightweight) is so much larger than the E55 pulley. Honsetly I think it will be all the power you 230k guys would need and the best part is you dont even have to increase boost or change any fuel or anything to get the same results as alot of other SC overdrive pulley setups. more updates coming soon. thanks

jay123
11-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Hey omeyhomey, Any news on the pulley?
How far along are you on it? Like to see pics and dyno pulls.

Jay

omeyhomey
11-14-2006, 12:32 PM
hello Jay,

Yes i am currently doing developement on the pulley. right now my main attention is on the V6 & V8 pulleys. Once i get dyno gains for those pulleys I will finish up 230K. If anyone is interested in being a test bed let me know and I will provide you a discount as long as you can give me high res scans of the dyno graphs of the gains.

Mercedes DIY
11-16-2006, 06:33 PM
I guess you guys missunderstood my the point in my post.

let me say it different.

a supercharger pulley only cost ~100$ to have made at just about ANY machine shop.

my goal is to come up with some specs and have the pulley made for club202 members... NOT PROFIT!

I have a friend that has an extra eaton M45 supercharger laying around with the stock mercedes magnetic pulley. teh supercharger is for his dodge shadow twin turbo\supercharged project car.

he also works at stillin nissan performance here in so cal as a cad designer.

come on guys...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ncd
11-17-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Mercedes DIY
I guess you guys missunderstood my the point in my post.

let me say it different.

a supercharger pulley only cost ~100$ to have made at just about ANY machine shop.

my goal is to come up with some specs and have the pulley made for club202 members... NOT PROFIT!

I have a friend that has an extra eaton M45 supercharger laying around with the stock mercedes magnetic pulley. teh supercharger is for his dodge shadow twin turbo\supercharged project car.

he also works at stillin nissan performance here in so cal as a cad designer.

come on guys...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just curious if you changed the pully, how do you get the belt on and off?