PDA

View Full Version : Later model 280 exhaust & 02 sensors

Espresso
10-14-2006, 05:17 AM
Can someone post a photo of their exhaust..either stock or full headers(manifolds) back.

I was under the impression that the car had four, 02 sensors(2 before & 2 after the cats). Here is a pic of the stock cats & resonator on my car.
I need to get a new exhaust but need to know the differences between the US spec & Euro spec cars.
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7493/picture1056832rs5.jpg

Espresso
10-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Can anyone tell me if theirs looks like this? Please. I need to order a new exhaust ASAP, but the dealer wants $3200. I may just do custom.

benzaddict
10-15-2006, 07:32 PM
You're picture looks like every other late-model W202 C280. The first bulges inthe pic are the 'after-cats', the second bulge being the resonator with the muffler in the very rear. I don't know what the 'euro-spec' exhaust looks like, or if there's even a difference.

Remember if you're cats are bad and you have less than 8 years or 80,000 miles they are covered under the factory emissions warranty.

If you have over 80,000 miles nad have to pay for the exhaust, I would go aftermarket, because you can get better quality exhaust for less money.

omeyhomey
10-22-2006, 12:13 PM
man that is a restrictive exhaust, you could really improve on that thing but doing dual 200 cell race cats then a high flow flowmaster Y-pipe into a single high flow mangaflow resonator then to a high flow magnaflow catback. wow that would sound nice :)

rollinrealbig
10-22-2006, 12:28 PM
I have a 97' C230, my exhaust looks very similar to that. two cats and two 02 sensors.

Espresso
11-02-2006, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by benzaddict
You're picture looks like every other late-model W202 C280. The first bulges inthe pic are the 'after-cats', the second bulge being the resonator with the muffler in the very rear. I don't know what the 'euro-spec' exhaust looks like, or if there's even a difference.

"afer-cats"? Never heard that term before. They are the only cats on the car. I have the manifolds, dual intermediate pipes w/ 02 sensors(right after the flange to the manifolds)to the the cats .Then the resinator.. then mufflers.
I always thought that US spec OBDII vehicles had 02's before & after the cats(every vehicle I worked on had them). That is why I brought this up. The 02's are no where near the cats. They only read what is coming out of the manifolds like the OBDI cars. I just do not want to purchase a wrong system. But even the ones I found are crazy expensive. It may be time for me to knock the dust off the welder.