View Full Version : Bekker's HID's Installed

mbsickness
10-14-2006, 04:36 PM
Well, I spent Friday night installing HID's into a 94 c280. Here are the results. The camera makes the light output seem much brighter in the before picture. Even so you can see the difference.

Before with OEM H4 Low Beam
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/geraldch/P1010002.jpg

Old vs. new
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/geraldch/P1010018.jpg

Passenger side HID. Driver side OEM H4.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/geraldch/P1010013a.jpg

After with HID's
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/geraldch/P1010020.jpg

Ashkan's C280
10-14-2006, 05:23 PM
does that have the city light and the self leveler,that steve puts in? and kudos to you

Denlasoul
10-14-2006, 06:03 PM
Nice! What do you have to say about the product? Good quality, fitment, difficulty of install?

jnolte
10-14-2006, 06:38 PM
do you also have a c36?

mbsickness
10-14-2006, 08:42 PM
The lights have the city light and a vacuum self leveler...although I did not activate either one. If I can get a leveler switch I would. This is the second set of lights that I have purchased and the quality is top notch in both cases. They all came in Bosch boxes but are labeled "AL" or "Automotive Lighting". I looked this up on the web and "AL" is a joint venture with Bosch and some other manufactuers to address the aftermarket. It appears the same molds from Bosch were used for productions so I have no complaints. Installation was a pain in comparison to swapping headlights on my ML500. I took my time to get everything done correctly and from start to finish it took just under three hours. Lost of time was spent removing the plastic dowels as to not damage anything. I also trimmed the old underlight trims vs. painting updated versions and this added some time as the Dremmel battery crapped out. I would highly recommend this setup to anyone wanting to go HID....forget the retrofit kits and go with the real deal, they are worth every penny. Jnolte....sharp eye you have....yes I have a '96 C36.

Abuimad
10-15-2006, 07:35 AM
wow looks reall good man...

irieite
10-15-2006, 08:27 PM
Looks great! Big improvement, however, IMO $1349 is waaay too much money to spend on a set of headlights for these old cars, especially when you consider they don't even interface with the factory electric self-leveling interface on the US cars.. If they did that (like the OEM MB HID ones do) I might consider it a good deal. Or, if they were say $999 it might be worth considering, but at almost $1400?? I dunno.. Again, just my own thoughts. If money is not an issue, do whatever you want of course. :D

mbsickness
10-15-2006, 09:32 PM
I agree that they aren't cheap. The way I look at it very simply is this. If by having these lights I avoid hitting somehing just once...they have paid for themselves. I have $1000 deductable so your situation might be different. I was very skeptical as well until I saw the difference in light output. As these are my second set that I have purchased, you can see I feel they are worth the cost. In regards to the self leveling....I have never missed this feature. BTW you also get a set of clear corners with the package.

crazy00c230k
10-15-2006, 11:43 PM
congrats, i love mine too

Abuimad
10-16-2006, 03:28 AM
1400 for HID's....damn they look good and all..but damn....thats some serious cash man...

irieite
10-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by mbsickness
I agree that they aren't cheap. The way I look at it very simply is this. If by having these lights I avoid hitting somehing just once...they have paid for themselves. I have $1000 deductable so your situation might be different.

Good point. I'd love a pair, but haven't seen them anywhere but Bekkers and we all know how MUCH Bekkers marks their stuff up.

Seems to me that there has got to be some other source out there selling these closer to an even $1,000, maybe even slightly under. If that were the case, I'd jump on them. I certainly ain'ts gonna finance them via credit card.. :D

cee28o
10-19-2006, 10:23 PM
hows the beam pattern? is the cut off line really sharp. can u show us how it looks against a wall?

unHookt
10-26-2006, 03:42 PM
Seriously...aftermarket headlights with a price tag over 5% of the car's total market value?

For headlights?