PDA

View Full Version : Rear Seat Pass Through?

xvvvz
10-20-2006, 08:42 AM
While reading through the owner's manual, on the page descrbing the operation of the rear seat I noticed it mentioned a pass through for the rear seat and noted it as number three on the description graphic. My car has the folding rear seats and the larger side of the folding seats that includes the armrest has what looks like metal frame for a pass through that would go through the folding armrest. At the bottom of the frame, it even has what appears to be a finger grip to pop a door open. In reality, it doesn't seem to be a moveable piece. Did any cars come with a pass through? I looked in my original sales brochure and did not see it listed as an extra cost option.

Doug

Proven Guilty
10-20-2006, 08:52 AM
it was an option meant for passing a set of skiis through the back seat through the armrest. very few US models had them

SLAMMED_C
10-20-2006, 09:25 AM
I think youcould have a plain rear set back.. a folding rear seat back, or the ski pass through option. the latter 2 being options.

K_Sport Driver
10-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by xvvvz
While reading through the owner's manual, on the page descrbing the operation of the rear seat I noticed it mentioned a pass through for the rear seat and noted it as number three on the description graphic. My car has the folding rear seats and the larger side of the folding seats that includes the armrest has what looks like metal frame for a pass through that would go through the folding armrest. At the bottom of the frame, it even has what appears to be a finger grip to pop a door open. In reality, it doesn't seem to be a moveable piece. Did any cars come with a pass through? I looked in my original sales brochure and did not see it listed as an extra cost option.

Doug
how do you have the fold down seats and I don't? we both have 99 230k's. is yours the sports model?

xvvvz
10-20-2006, 05:32 PM
No, it is the non-sports model (the car was originally for my grandmother and she didn't like the look of carbon fiber!). The folding seats were part of the C2 option package (C2 = folding seats, sunroof, power passenger seat). Since at that time C230 K's were being sold so fast that they were on backorder, we submitted a custom order to the factory in Germany for the car and I don't ever remember even being offered the choice to get the rear seat pass through. No big deal not to have it but I just wondered why it was mentioned in the manual and why they took the time to put the framework in seatback but didn't make it useable.

I was just looking in the original dealer brochure we kept and it shows the back seats folded with the same pass through frame but no mention of the pass through.

Its was kind of fun to look back through the brochure and my notes on all the option prices. Edmunds gave the list price and dealer prices. I was surprised at how little the dealer made on factory installed options (e.g. $15 on telescoping wheel, $75 on the Bose upgrade). Dealer installed accessories were a different story. :eek:

Doug

luokyio
10-21-2006, 05:38 AM
Hi,

I have got the option (287) ski inboard loading facility, which you can see if you look at the trunk. There is a "door" in the back seats' armrest.

black96benz
10-21-2006, 07:02 PM
Yeah my 96 C220 has the C2 (Ski sack w/ trunk pass thru, split fold down rear seat) a 340 dollar option. But i removed it when I installed my sub. Now I just put the armrest down and its a straight shot to the trunk.