View Full Version : Koni lowering springs reputation

K_Sport Driver
10-24-2006, 09:22 AM
Ok, so I've done a search and i can't really find a thread where people offer definitive opinions on Koni springs. they're the cheapest of the three major (H&R, Eibach and Koni) and apparently the same as the Vogtland springs. anyone with any experience on these? i'd like to lower, but i want to have enough money left over to afford the bilstein shocks to complete the package. help is appreciated.

K_Sport Driver
10-26-2006, 07:38 AM
i'm gonna give the benefit of the doubt and say of the 63 times this thread has been viewed, none of the viewers own the springs... help? anyone?

Proven Guilty
10-26-2006, 09:18 AM
they are made by vogtland to my understanding. i've ridden in a car on vogtland springs, and they dump in the rear pretty low if you have a system. the ride quality was decent, but close to the very stiff ride of H&R. the bilstein shocks should make it tolerable though, especially on the freeway.

rman
10-26-2006, 11:46 AM
i've got them and yes, with my 2 10s in 3/4" MDF it dumps very low in the back, and that's WITHOUT changing rear pads, and going from a #4 to a #1 in the front.

There is a simple remedy, cut the fronts!!!!

K_Sport Driver
10-26-2006, 12:49 PM
haha. i'm never going to live that down! I don't have a huge system to worry about. I'm less into show and more into (a lot of) go. at least as much go as I can get from a 4 cyl. my last car was the fastest of its kind in the world, granted there were only about 700 built, but looked stock. I'm not claiming to try getting the fastest 230 ever built, as I'm sure Paul (23k) will beat me to it.

Basically, i want some stiff springs that i'll complement with stiff sport struts. ride quality has to be somewhat maintained since it's a daily, so I think i'm going to end up with the eibachs. I'll probably get their anti-roll kit as well. might as well keep it uniform!

rman
10-26-2006, 02:25 PM
first off it shocks not struts.

i would get the h&r kup kit since it's supposedly the stiffest out there. i dunno i searched on it long time ago and some people sya it's not very stiff.

K_Sport Driver
10-26-2006, 04:07 PM
shocks and struts are pretty much the same thing, just without the full integration. they serve the same essential function. my bad for mistaking them. I'm coming from a fwd car with struts. the cup kit is too low. it has to be practical, and dropping 2 inches or so just isn't on the roads i drive.

Proven Guilty
10-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by K_Sport Driver
shocks and struts are pretty much the same thing, just without the full integration. they serve the same essential function. my bad for mistaking them. I'm coming from a fwd car with struts. the cup kit is too low. it has to be practical, and dropping 2 inches or so just isn't on the roads i drive.

go with eibach pro