PDA

View Full Version : Koni externally adjustables

krappy
10-25-2006, 08:27 AM
correct me if im wrong, but according to the 2 links below, the new koni dampers #8041 are both rebound and compression adjustable? or am i just reading this wrong. also, doing a bit of research has informed me that konis leak and there not that great quality. i want a shock that can make the car comfy as stock for the shitty quebec roads, but also able to be stiff enough for performance driving.

http://www.koni-na.com/display.cfm?mt_id=1&mod_id=0&mak_id=26&my_year=2000&submit=Continue

http://www.koni-na.com/adjustment.cfm

Proven Guilty
10-25-2006, 08:52 AM
assuming the qubec roads are similar to the roads back in detroit michigan, i would go with the bilstein shocks over koni for the durability. koni are excellent shocks, but dont hold the elements as well as the bilstein.

if you are in a nicer climate like what we have in california, the koni's are a no-brainer.

krappy
10-25-2006, 09:55 AM
yeah i see your point. the one and only thing that turns me away fom the bilsteins is the fact that they are not adjustable at all. i really want adjustables otherwise i would just buy new mb shocks

kameraguy
10-25-2006, 10:35 AM
My 0.2cents on adjustable shocks is once you set them, how often do you plan on changing the adjustment?

Granted mine are the older style which are not externally adjustable, running my konis full hard is actually fine for everyday driving. So i don't have any need or reason to adjust them. When i bought them, i thought I'd be adjusting them more often.

Konis have a lifetime warranty btw.

krappy
10-25-2006, 11:25 AM
well actually the reason i want externally adjustable both rebound and compression is because i plan on building new or modifiying a tien efdc unit so that i can adjust the suspension from inside the car. were i live you woudlnt wana ride full hard on any normal street cause youd end up with poped tires/broken wheels/leaking suspension after 10 minutes. but on the highway, i wana have super tight suspension.