PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the A/C

Powerslave
10-26-2006, 11:00 PM
Goodmorning my friends...

I'm having a weird problem with my benz's air conditioning system...

When I have it closed, it opens by itself and blows like hell... and when i turn the knob at 2 for exapmle sometimes it closes or it blows like it was on 5...

In the dealership told me that it will cost a lot of money to fix it so... don't bother with it! they didn't even cheked it!

ohh and somethin else... what is the REST function ?

thnx mates for you time reading it!

cheerz!

jnolte
10-27-2006, 01:48 AM
REST is used for cold days when you turn your car off, switch on REST and the vents from teh engine to the cab will stay open to keep the cab warm

therock2689
10-27-2006, 02:52 AM
ITS ALIVE AND OUT TO GET YOU, RUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!
Srry i know that was useless but i had to.

Rock

Powerslave
10-27-2006, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by therock2689
ITS ALIVE AND OUT TO GET YOU, RUNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!
Srry i know that was useless but i had to.

Rock

yeah it's bloody haunted!

NoRemedy
10-27-2006, 02:10 PM
I'm not 100% certain but it sounds to me like it's the climate control unit itself.

GX5797
11-07-2006, 06:07 PM
I have the same problem, what will be the fix cost?

Espresso
11-07-2006, 06:26 PM
I have somewhat of the same problem. I turn on the recirc & the damn thing turns off whenever it wants to. On a 20-30 minute drive the recirc can shut off 3 or 4 times & sometimes not do it at all. Also the digital temp readings are way off. I can have it down to LO & it will blow luke warm air for a few minutes & then all of a sudden you have frost forming on your nose. Doesnt do it all the time either(except for the recirc). I was told it was the HVAC unit & they are specific to the vehicle( replacements have to have a certain part number). Used are had to come by & a new one here is well over $700....I'll just deal with it.

Lordkoo
11-07-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Powerslave
Goodmorning my friends...

I'm having a weird problem with my benz's air conditioning system...

When I have it closed, it opens by itself and blows like hell... and when i turn the knob at 2 for exapmle sometimes it closes or it blows like it was on 5...

In the dealership told me that it will cost a lot of money to fix it so... don't bother with it! they didn't even cheked it!

ohh and somethin else... what is the REST function ?

thnx mates for you time reading it!

cheerz!

It could be the switch contact. Try disassemble it and clean it up or find one from junkyard. Nissans always have that kind of problems.

detroit202
11-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Lordkoo
It could be the switch contact. Try disassemble it and clean it up or find one from junkyard. Nissans always have that kind of problems.

i agree that or some kind of relay.. i had a jeep that the blower would always be on high no matter what.. even if the climate control was off and even if the key was out of the ignition ! i sold it before i fixed it. i just would reach under the dash on the passenger side where the blower was and disconnected it whenever i dident need heat..