PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Conversion

nickaliath
11-09-2006, 08:51 AM
Hello,

Im after information on Turbocharging four cylinder c-class engines.

Im trying to find out what size, thread and type the oil pressure switch is on the engine.
This is for a t-piece to be mounted in between the switch to take an oil feed line off for the turbocharer.

Proven Guilty
11-09-2006, 09:01 AM
a member under the handle 23K has a current turbo project, and he's added full gagues for boost preassure, oil preassure, and oil temp to his car. your best bet is to dig through the research, because so few people have added the gagues. i've read his posts before where he's explained how to locate the install points, and what to expect.

jnenad16
11-09-2006, 09:52 AM
also a member called koolvin from your area had a turbo'd C220 a while back, try searching for him. he also put his turbo up for sale last year, if I remember correctly.

nenad

Pagz
11-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Just had a looky cant see where i explained it last...i know its here somwhere!

Theres a hex key bung just above where the oil dipstick enters the block,you can tap your oil feed from there...

can you explain what you mean by "switch"?

nickaliath
11-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Sorry i ment Oil pressure sender.

Pagz
11-09-2006, 02:58 PM
I see,makes sense now:)

because its not such a great idea to have wires for the sensor/s close to the exhaust manifold(or any type of sensing) i installed mine on the front of the engine...the lower pipe follows the dipstick down to the oil feed and the other to the turbo.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_190_full.jpg

Proven Guilty
11-09-2006, 03:40 PM
it's still so freakish how clean your car is under the hood paul. how's the progress so far?

rman
11-09-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Proven Guilty
it's still so freakish how clean your car is under the hood paul. how's the progress so far?

i was thinking the same thing.

Pagz
11-09-2006, 07:30 PM
ok ok ill admit it......imma clean freak:D...but only on the car...you should see my house lol
helps if almost all of the parts in the pic are new too...just the fire wall area and engine front cover/thermostat housing are original;)

Things are going as planned...WORK wheels should have been here two weeks ago....new pistons should have been here last week,Fabricators cant do the work till after xmas because the engine still aint in the car:cheek:

Dropped the exhaust header gasket into engineers today...there going to mill me a new header flange instead of re-using the old one...
Waiting to hear back from Unorthodox racing about my crank pully,maybe get omeyhomey to provide it.
picked up another new water pump...not the N/A model this time,iv gone back to the Komp pump...which i think has a better impaller,the pump also pushes the viscous fan closer to the komp shroud for better cooling otherwise i would have had to get that ugly N/A shroud...reason for purchasing the N/A pully and pump in the first place was to run an electic fan...but i think the system benfits from constant air flow...and with the turbo water jacket plumbed in it can hit 100c in about 2 minutes at idle with no fan.

nickaliath
11-10-2006, 08:20 AM
Yeah thats what im after a oil feed and pressure sender t-piece.

Can you get hold of all the parts you used again?

Pagz
11-10-2006, 10:57 AM
The oil press/temp junction in that pic is all custom made...you can purhase fittings which you can attach sensors to but the ones iv seen by Aeroquipe,Earls etc dont have provision for fixing/mounting so the sensors float with the lines.

iv got one like this on my fuel line,can be used for oil to...
http://anubis.instanthosting.com.au/~aeroquip/shop/images/fuel_pressure_adapter.jpg

nickaliath
11-10-2006, 11:34 AM
On my old Peugeot 205 GTI with a Turbo technics conversion, i had a oil take of t-piece fitted as shown in the picture.

But if i want to purchase this part i need to find out what thread the original mounting hole is for the oil pressure sender.

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/3262/tpiecenv4.jpg

Pagz
11-10-2006, 11:44 AM
hmmm...
do you have an OEM oil press sensor?...or are you installing an aftermarket jobby?
reason im asking is because i never had a oil press sensor on my engine.

if you dont have a oil pressure sender(which i think you dont) you will just need an adapter out of the block.

nickaliath
11-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Actually ur probably right about not having a pressure sender as it has no gauge in the car.

My 205 had a gauge in the car so i could take the feed to the turbo from the sender for that.

I know my 190E has a sender and just pressumed the c class had.

So you say there is a hole in the block to take off from? This is probably where a pressure sender is fitted on other engines with the same block.

Do you know what the thread type is? i pressume its metric

RemoLexi
01-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Paul, I think ive sent you a PM regarding this but im not sure what happen to that, anyway this looks like a thread thats related to my question so ill ask here ..

how do I get the oil feed into the turbo, Ive seen the thread showing how to have the oil return line into the sump, but wheres the feed out of what do I need to buy and how do I wire that up ?

same question goes for the waterfeed/return line ?

Please help as this is my next step and I need to learn this stuff quick as my turbo should show up sometime this week and Monday at most.

EDIT: also very curious about the Oil temp./pressure guages those are a must and I may as well get those in this step as well to get it over with!

Thanks!