PDA

View Full Version : Rear Headrest Problem

loudandheard
11-12-2006, 09:40 AM
So recently I took a trip with some friends and they decided to use the head rest for the back seat. When the trip was over I couldn't put down the head rest. What do you think may be causing the problem and what course of action should I take?

97C28O
11-12-2006, 09:53 AM
There should be a switch next to your EMERGENCY LIGHT switch (big red triangle) and it shows a seat with the headrest highlighted white and a arrow pointing -> press that WHEN the car is on and the headrest will fall down.

taimyshukah
11-12-2006, 10:40 AM
Mine stopped going down too over the summer. When i push the button, it just makes a clicking noise. I checked the vaccum line next to my oil filter like someone suggested but its still connected. Mine are still stuck in the up position.

black96benz
11-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Im sure your tried the button but hold it down for 10 seconds. It usually takes 3 but sometimes mine will take 5-10 seconds to fall down.

NEA-4311
11-12-2006, 02:44 PM
In my car, the headrests only fall when im accelerating, even a little, but not when im slowing down or braking. I cant remember if they work when the car is in a hault but try the above.

Abuimad
11-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by NEA-4311
In my car, the headrests only fall when im accelerating, even a little, but not when im slowing down or braking. I cant remember if they work when the car is in a hault but try the above.

huh really.....maybe something is stuck in there...but do post what you find, im really interested in this problem...even the cheapest of options can go wrong...