PDA

View Full Version : Help Urgent!!!

edub
11-16-2006, 11:04 AM
I have a 98 C 280 I think is the late model one because I bought it the end of 1998. Here's the problem the trunk wont open with the remote and the switch in the front console and also the light in the trunk is always on also the right turn signal front and rear is blink but dimmed not bright as the left one does. There is another one the fuse #25 is always blown everytime I start the engine turn and in about 1 min is blown. I check everything and can't figure out which one is short or broken. I check the pump for the remote trunk release evrything is fine yeah i did check the headrest is still working good.Please help me out I'm stressed out.

Proven Guilty
11-16-2006, 11:09 AM
sounds like the power cable to your trunk release is sliced and grounding out agasint metal. hopefully you have rear folding seats..

edub
11-16-2006, 12:50 PM
I got folding seat but the power cable is still good nothing is spliced or any sort of short. I'm thinkking relay but I don't know which relay??? I'm stress out.....

Denlasoul
11-16-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by edub
I got folding seat but the power cable is still good nothing is spliced or any sort of short. I'm thinkking relay but I don't know which relay??? I'm stress out.....
I cannot remember where the actual fuse it located, but there are two fuse boxes in the C. One is in the trunk and the other under the hood. There is a map detailing which fuse is which on the fusebox cover.

edub
11-17-2006, 11:45 PM
Icheck every single fuse in the car and i also every relay I'm confused now. Can't drive the car. I pretty sure there is something missing.

OzC36
11-18-2006, 05:31 AM
Fuses are designed to protect the electrical system from excessive current flow which could melt your wiring and possibly set fire to the car.

If you have a fuse that keeps blowing, it means that one of the related electrical circuits that it supplies has too high a current flow. This means that circuit is probably shorting to earth. This means damaged wiring or defective component.

Pull the floor out of the trunk and have a good look around. Use your nose to smell for burnt electrical insulator type smells.

If you can't find the problem yourself, an auto electrician should be able to isolate and find the problem fairly quickly. Don't stress, get professional help!

Thumbnail of trunk wiring.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2565/dsc02722mp3.th.jpg (http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc02722mp3.jpg)

edub
12-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Do you guys know why the trun signal light is dimmed, just on one side (right) front and rear. I really confused. In tight budget so I try to fix it without going to MB dealer.

Thanks