PDA

View Full Version : Carputer audio

|27|
11-17-2006, 04:58 AM
Ok, so i want to install a carputer in my 94. The problem is that i want the audio from it to go to the car speakers. Originally, i was going to keep the stock radio and use a casset. adapter but i want to put the motorized screen in place for the radio. Is there any was to get the audio from the carputer to the speakers???
thanx

davis449
11-17-2006, 05:28 AM
There's always a way...but you may not like your opitions. You can buy a cd changer adapter for the stock HU (it hooks into the input where your stock CD changer goes on the back of your stock HU and it has two RCA's on the other end) and lose the function of your CD changer. You can use the tape adapter (which is what I did in my '95 for a little bit). The best solution is to buy an aftermarket deck (you still lose the CD changer) with AUX inputs that has MP3 capability (so now you don't need a CD changer) and then wire the CarPC in through there (which is what I have now in my '99). Two options if you go this way: HU moved to where your tape holder is (using a cut-out coin tray from the dealer as a frame) and then the in-dash flip-out screen where the HU normally goes or you can put the new HU in the stock location and cut out the tape holder area AND the ashtray arear and custom fit a 7" screen there (I'm going to pursue this angle in a couple of months).