PDA

View Full Version : 2000 c230 kompressor intercooler

C230Benz
11-20-2006, 11:03 AM
has anyone upgraded their intercooler?
If so which intercooler did you swap with?
Or at least does anyone know what will fit?

Proven Guilty
11-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Paul has upgraded to a trust IC (member name on these forums is 23K) and I've also talked to Lihn who helped develp the ASP crank pulley kit for the M111K.

Using the eaton supercharger, it seems like time and time again, you actually lose power by upgrading from the stock IC. Even though the piping looks very restricting, and it's really quite small; the design on it is spot-on and it's efficiency is unmatched. It's really hard to see any gains from changing the IC alone; you would need to do a full cold air intake that is a ram-air style, increast the boost on your SC to accomodate, upgrade the bosch fuel preassure regulator, change the restricting stock injectors, and tune the ECU for all the extra fuel and air.

Now you have an olympic jogger than can't breathe, so you have to go full out race headers, cat back exhaust with high flow cats.

Even then, I think the gains from an upgraded IC would be negligeable and most of the power would be from the obvious modifications instead.

C230Benz
11-20-2006, 01:37 PM
I've already made the intake, 3 " piping all the way.
Where can I get a set of pulley's?

xvvvz
11-20-2006, 02:31 PM
http://www.aspracing.com/frame.htm

SLAMMED_C
11-20-2006, 04:22 PM
paul is the only person I know of that has changed his intercooler. very custom set up.

Im not really sure of anyone that makes an intercooler for the W202 any more. I know Renntech made one.. but not any more. I think Vaeth might.. I had heard that Dynospot had come out with one for the R170 SLK230 Kompressor.. it may fit in the W202. who knows though.

Mercedes DIY
11-20-2006, 05:34 PM
search ebay for intercoolers. they have all different shapes and sizes for ~$150.