PDA

View Full Version : underdrive Q

ncd
11-20-2006, 11:04 AM
just wondering if we could squeeze some ponies buy adding some kind of weights to various pullys, to under drive them?
hell knows where to weight them.. im figuring.. properly distrubuted on the spindle so it wouldnt be unbalanced..

Pagz
11-20-2006, 07:09 PM
you would like to add mass to pullys for better performance?

Denlasoul
11-20-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by 23K
you would like to add mass to pullys for better performance?
I was wondering the same. I would think adding weight would cause the engine to work harder.

Pagz
11-20-2006, 08:09 PM
Underdriving means to make the aux pully larger,or to make the crank pully smaller thus turning aux things like alternator,ac,water pump and powersteering slower to free up hp.

maybe wait and see what omeyhomey brings to the table...a light wieght crank pully that doesnt underdrive could be the best route.

K_Sport Driver
11-20-2006, 08:28 PM
adding weight just increases inertia, making it harder to start spinning and harder to slow down once it starts spinning more quickly.

Since you have the k model, if anything, you'd want a lighterweight overdrive pulley to increase the spin rate of the supercharger, increasing the psi. it's probably one of the best hp/$ deals out there aside from chipping. check ASP racing for such a pulley.

omeyhomey
11-20-2006, 08:42 PM
hehe. Ok i'll be the first to bite.

Do you want me to make you a 30lb crank pulley ;)

ncd
11-20-2006, 10:48 PM
ok.. tnx for the responses hehe..

I cant wait to see what omeyhomey ends up with for the our K's on a production level.