PDA

View Full Version : Carbon fibre hoods?

mike mac
11-20-2006, 05:38 PM
has anyone had any experaince with these hoods...my hood got messed up on saturday, so its an excuse to get a caorbon firbe hood ;p
im looking at ebay stuff but idk if i shoulf take the chance. i dont know the quility of this stuff. so if any of you have sugestions where to look, sites, places you got your stuff from and /or brands to look for.

if i can find a used beige hood before this ill go with that but i need that to be cheap and in good all around condition.

K_Sport Driver
11-20-2006, 05:40 PM
search button.

mike mac
11-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Can i get a real answer not a dumbass one...i can search for it myself and find some but i dont know which ones to buy or even look at.

i want ti just to replace the stock hood and work like my old hood( hood release and what not)

K1 Motorsport
11-20-2006, 06:22 PM
ViS CF hood

http://k1motorsport.com/img/vis202.gif

K_Sport Driver
11-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by mike mac
Can i get a real answer not a dumbass one...
it's not a dumbass response. it's a dumbass action to keep posting topics when searching for simple phrases like "carbon fiber hood" will return results answering your questions if you just take a little effort to look through the topics.

jnolte
11-20-2006, 07:17 PM
Can i get a real answer not a dumbass one...i can search for it myself and find some but i dont know which ones to buy or even look at.

i want ti just to replace the stock hood and work like my old hood( hood release and what not)

im sick of this shit, if you would do a search you could see for yourself, cant you read? are you stupid boy?

if you would do a search you would see that all CF hoods for the W202 are not very good in quality or fitment, plus you have to use hood pins and cant utilize the stock mechanics of the hood due to breakage.

VIS hoods are the only ones made that i know of and dont really work too, well.

Lensolo
11-20-2006, 07:41 PM

I think you young ones should really think about what you say before you say it here. Respect for others is key at Club202.com.

mike mac
11-20-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by jnolte

if you would do a search you would see that all CF hoods for the W202 are not very good in quality or fitment, plus you have to use hood pins and cant utilize the stock mechanics of the hood due to breakage.

VIS hoods are the only ones made that i know of and dont really work too, well.

this is what i was looking for, some information. or opinions. BUT NOT remarks about my inteligence. i know i can do research( google or w/e), even a monkey can do that shit. all i needed was some opinions on quility and if it would be just like the stock hood. some of you may have some opinions as in some hoods are just shit. some may say they had their hood for a year and the glossy finish just peeled away. yatta yatta....

all Carbon fiber hoods say " grade A quility", "UV Protected", ETC ....
BUT i dont want to buy a $500- $800 hood and find out its shit after like a year.

POSITIVE and on topic opinions and knowledge will be greatly appreciated.

jnolte
11-20-2006, 07:57 PM
well you said it yourself, even a monkey can do it.

i say if you search, you can find many first hand experiences about the CF hoods on w202s.

see that RED search button, hit that then type in "carbon fiber hood"

you should get all the info you need.

class is over

blind26
11-20-2006, 08:01 PM
As far as I know, the only 'company' to produce 202 hoods is VIS.

Denlasoul
11-20-2006, 08:03 PM
Ok ok before things get out of hand, I'm going to step in.

mike mac- what some of the Senior Members are trying to tell you is to search Club202 by using the red button up top. We really strive to keep valuable and useful info on the board for everyone to have as a resource.

When people who join (newbies) post up questions that have been covered, it frustrates everyone because 1) noone like to repeat themself on the board 2) why keep such a good database of info if people are not going to use it.

Try not to take remarks as personal. We want you to learn and research how to porperly tune your 202. I assure you that 95% of questions have been talked about or covered. Take the time to read therough the relevant ones. Then, post your questions in those Threads instead of making a new one. It helps keep the information together, and reduces the amount of similar Threads.

Please take the time to look for answers, you will gain alot of information and eventually add your perspective/knowledge/advice to it.

Feel free to contact me offline if you need help or have other questions regarding the Board.

714guy
11-20-2006, 08:08 PM
this is what i was looking for, some information. or opinions. BUT NOT remarks about my inteligence. i know i can do research( google or w/e), even a monkey can do that shit. all i needed was some opinions on quility and if it would be just like the stock hood. some of you may have some opinions as in some hoods are just shit. some may say they had their hood for a year and the glossy finish just peeled away. yatta yatta....

all Carbon fiber hoods say " grade A quility", "UV Protected", ETC ....
BUT i dont want to buy a $500- $800 hood and find out its shit after like a year.

POSITIVE and on topic opinions and knowledge will be greatly appreciated.

What he meant by search was search the forum. Its been covered many times.

the results of SEARCH (http://www.club202.com/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=202463&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending)

I only know of VIS that makes CF hoods. I've seen a few in person on W202s and think they look fine. I've seen some with hood pins and some without hood pins. I know that you will need to remove the springs that pop up the hood so that it won't break the CF. The quality is Good, but like all things you're getting what you pay for. A $400 CF hood is fairly cheap, especially since it isn't massed produced like the honda ones. Hope that helps.