PDA

View Full Version : Remove C220 badge

Markland556
11-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Well i have the C220 badge on my car and i wanna get rid of it. I know the whole deal with the floss to get it off, im just wondering what i use after that to get the goo off of the paint. Is goof-off safe? I also had one of those dam fish things on my car that was removed before i got it so i need to get the crap off from that too... any ideas...

Lensolo
11-20-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Markland556
dam Jesus fish things

Sorry, buddy. Can't say that here.

Goo-Gone is fine. You can even spash a little Acetone on a rag and wipe it off(hopefully, your paint is OEM Mercedes) you shouldn't have a problem. Try on a part of your car that's unnoticeable first.

Markland556
11-20-2006, 07:59 PM
LOL, that just sounds great... LOL I dont wanna be stripping any paint.

Abuimad
11-20-2006, 08:01 PM
i took of my c230, and the goo was just too much, so i got car polish and i scrubed my heart out untill it worked...thats it...very simply, but looks very good

blind26
11-20-2006, 08:04 PM
I debadged the WRX and the 190...

I used a blow dryer (heat gun works too, just keep it on low) and heated the badges. Then carefully worked the floss down the badge, letting the floss take the badge off. If anything is left over, heat it lightly with the blowdryer again and roll the leftovers off in clumps if possible.

For the residual, use a soft towel and goo-gone (the citric based cleaner).

It's pretty simple process once you get the hang of it...

Markland556
11-20-2006, 08:12 PM
alright, ill try that tomarrow and let you know how it goes.. LOL I need to wash the car anyway..
Next on the list is a blacked out grill and full interior swap to black.. Then need to find a nice body kit.

Markland556
11-28-2006, 11:30 PM
well i still havent gotten around to pulling off the 220 badge but i tried to clean up the fish one and guess what... whoever took it off also took paint off... Dam.. there is still the outline of it.. so im going to have it wetsanded and buffed.