PDA

View Full Version : Brake discs replacement

lovecls
11-21-2006, 10:53 AM
Hi

As a new member, this is my first post. I have been reading some of the posts and looks like this is a great forum.

I own a C200, classic selection, year 2000

I was wandering if anyone has posted full procedure, with pics, for changing the brake discs (rotors) to front and back. My discs are wearing quite thin and at high speed braking there is a noticable vibration from the wheels.

ncd
11-24-2006, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by lovecls
Hi

As a new member, this is my first post. I have been reading some of the posts and looks like this is a great forum.

I own a C200, classic selection, year 2000

I was wandering if anyone has posted full procedure, with pics, for changing the brake discs (rotors) to front and back. My discs are wearing quite thin and at high speed braking there is a noticable vibration from the wheels.

hmmm.. supprised you never got a awnser... their is a great guide out there to do it on the slk230 .. im just annoyed I cant find it again for you and myself for that mater as i want to do the brakes for my car next summer,
It covered every thing, step by step with pic to remove and install new disks calipers and pads!. ifirc

spectroff
02-16-2007, 11:57 AM
bump ... any tutorials out there?

Proven Guilty
02-16-2007, 01:30 PM
Search under my name, I created a few "parts lists" for guys asking about doing brake jobs before. The brakes on a W202 are some of the simplest brakes I've ever changed. The only secret is the (If I recall correctly) 4mm allen head bolt that holds the rotors on. If you live in an area where corrosion is a problem, you might need a special hammer ratchet tool that allows you to break them loose.

Good luck guys, I'll see if I have some pics saved from my brake job. I remember taking pics to create a tutorial, but I always get sidetracked and never finish what I started :D

xvvvz
02-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Here you go:

http://www.slk32.com/pages/brakes/brakes.html

http://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=107227

Now take lots of pictures and post the particular idiosyncrasies for the W202 :)