PDA

View Full Version : How to remove black double sided tape?

trymonlam
11-21-2006, 02:27 PM
not sure if i should post in body mods or repair. the previous owner had some sunroof delector on with black double sided tape. after removing the deflector, most of the tape stayed with the car. it's apparent that goo-gone won't work in this application, i can't just pull them off because they are on too tight. any suggestions on this sticky problem, guys?
thanks in advance.

Denlasoul
11-21-2006, 02:56 PM
Try using a blowdrier to loosen up the glue. Then peel of what you can.

1995c280
11-21-2006, 03:17 PM
heat it up wit a blowdryer or heat gun like denlasoul had mentioned. not too hot though! then spray some wd-40 or rust penetrating oil on a rag and wipe is over the glue to make it wet and let it soak in for a few seconds. then scrub it off.

if you don't want to tackle this...next time you come down this way - i'll take care of it for you. just stop by the shop. only takes a few seconds!

Jason

trymonlam
11-21-2006, 05:40 PM
thanks den and jason.
i will see if i can give this a try. i live in a paprtment with public parking garage, so there isn't anywhere i can plug a blowdryer in. i will try this next time in a actual house garage.
jason, i need to come in some time to get the sliding problem fixed. i will PM you about the details.