PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Gift Time!!

benzofanatic
11-23-2006, 10:13 PM
X-mas is coming up and im trying to get ideas for my car. Im thinking about asking for either window tint, avantgarde grill, clear corners, or a new battery. Any other ideas (about $100ish range). Im trying to improve all the little details on my car.

kyo216
11-23-2006, 10:17 PM
i perseonally dont like the shift knob on my benz. maybe you can get a better one.

97C28O
11-24-2006, 08:19 AM
Tints would make the car look better! but for 100... I don't think its a good tint if its 100... Go for some quality ones which probably run about 250$ for tint....

coolin
11-24-2006, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by benzofanatic
X-mas is coming up and im trying to get ideas for my car. Im thinking about asking for either window tint, avantgarde grill, clear corners, or a new battery. Any other ideas (about $100ish range). Im trying to improve all the little details on my car.

Call me crazy, but if your battery is on the way out, that would be the first thing on my list.

Markland556
11-24-2006, 10:25 AM
I dont think his battery is going out but he just wants to upgrade to like a red top. I have 2 new ones sitting in my garage that will go in my 220 when i get around to getting that sound system in there.

Proven Guilty
11-24-2006, 12:10 PM
Keep the stock grille, and black out the insert; start by removing the insert, and sand the chrome strips down to remove the stone chips and make it smooth again. clean it all up really good using an abraisive scotch bright pad to scuff up the plastic and paint will stick to it.

a blacked out center insert with chrome frame is such a solid, clean look.

i would go with a yellowtop battery and a good capacitor if you plan to run a powerful system. (5 farad alumapro is perfect) and you can pick them up on ebay for around $100 now.

tints is all personal preference. a good job will run you about $250 and you need to install felt on the rollers, or the tint gets scratched from rolling the windows up and down.

for christmas, i would go with a nice set of floor mats, or have the car professionally detailed with the paint wheeled and buffed ;)