PDA

View Full Version : supercharging a c220 and other mods!

nightferret
11-24-2006, 09:12 AM
im considering on doing a supercharger project on my c220. ive searched around and havent seen any posts on people actuly going through with the project.

the only thing im concerned about is using the eaton supercharger out of a c230 kompressor will make my car not carb legal and get my car impounded if im caught with it. (i live in california by the way emission laws here suck)

im also considering on rebuliding my motor as well dose anyone have any suggestions on pistons and rods and to make my motor realible on a supercharger set up?

also ive looked around at how much psi to run. the stock psi is 4 on a 230kompressor correct? and i read that the stock motor can handle up to 6 psi? i want to try to get about as close as i can to 250 hp out of the motor as i can.

another mod im planning on doing is swaping a c230 transmission because my c220 right now is a 3 speed with overdrive and i want to at least to have 5 gears to go through because i will be adding a paddle shift kit as well.

thanks for any tips and help!

Markland556
11-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Well i cant add much info here. But i would really like you to do this stuff. I also have a 220 and turbo's are always fun.. From what iv heard there is some lowering of the compression involved.. All depends how much work you want to do and is it worth it to put the time and money into this car or just take your money and buy a 230 or 280.

coolin
11-24-2006, 10:09 AM
By the time all is said and done, it would be far less expensive to sell your car and buy a C230K.

The process of completing the conversion you refer to is difficult and $$$.

I'm not sure if anyone has succesfully done it.

- CS

jstrat85
11-24-2006, 11:41 AM
if its not a turbo dont do it! its a waste of money! thank god i didnt supercharge my car! trust me on this one!

Pagz
11-24-2006, 11:49 AM
He's right...theres a reason why theres no SC conversions here:)

We should look at making this topic a STICKY somwhere =)

for the Project you will need:
-Aux belt
-SC belt
-Water pump
-water pump pully
-Alt pully
-dual crank pully
-Alt relocation braket
-Complete IC system
-Complete intake system
-SC including magnetic clutch if required
-Engine wiring harness
-fuel system changes...maybe injectors and regulator
-ECU re-map if its possible on your ecu...mine wasnt
-A new mass airflow sensor(komp one that reads above 14.7)

So not a cheap exercise by any means....new car or nose cut.

Pagz
11-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by jstrat85
if its not a turbo dont do it! its a waste of money! thank god i didnt supercharge my car! trust me on this one!

Word

htfan1
11-24-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by nightferret
im considering on doing a supercharger project on my c220. ...

will make my car not carb legal and get my car impounded if im caught with it. (i live in california by the way emission laws here suck)

It will make your car FAIL California smog test even if the emissions are lower than stock.

The only way to do it and be CARB legal is to drop a newer MB model's supercharged engine complete.

It would be better to save your $$$ and buy another car already supercharged...

.. Believe me I know, I have a C220, I've done the research.