PDA

View Full Version : Pothole vs C36

mbsickness
11-24-2006, 09:54 PM
...and the pothole won. I was going across the Bay Bridge today and there was a huge pothole. With a concrete barrier on one side and a car next to me on the other I had no choice put to hit the pothole. At first all I saw was the pimpled the tire. I was mad but I can deal with a tire and a alignment. Changing the rim tonight I notice it is also bent....now I'm just pissed. not like i was running something crazy like 19" rims...these are mearly the stock size 17" rims. BTW the car is on a jack when I took the pictures so it is really high off the ground.

Tire zit
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/geraldch/IMG_0986.jpg
bend towards the top of the rim
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/geraldch/IMG_0990.jpg

kameraguy
11-24-2006, 10:29 PM
From my understanding you can contact the City and explain the situation. They should consider covering the repairs so long as you can prove this happenned on the bridge.

Several years ago one of my friends drove over a section of road which had some wet tar from new asphalt. The tar got flicked over the sides of hos car and ruined some of the paint. The city re-imbursed him for the paint repair.

Hopefully you can have similar luck!

Abuimad
11-24-2006, 11:17 PM
wow, u can really contact the city lol....over avoiding potholes is a real art form, there are so many of them, its like a real rally experience..

ncd
11-25-2006, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Abuimad
wow, u can really contact the city lol....over avoiding potholes is a real art form, there are so many of them, its like a real rally experience..

that is some serious bent rim there
... some times I feel like seeing if I could claim for and new suspension and paint job.. from the local road authoritys ..since the local roads round here are just riddled with pot holes, ramps, adverse cambers, poorly made traffic bumps, Im sure the list could go on for some time.. they are defective period.

Every signal day I have to traverse a nasty little bump in our resisdential drive way .. it 100% serves no other purpose but to wear my suspension components, and be unduely unconfortable, they must dumbly believe the bump needs to be jolt & damage causing.. when it just need exsist to be a deterant to excesive speed..

And when they resurface the chips & whatever just tear apart the paint round the wheel archers 8 side skirts.. they do nothing to clear them away or prevent you from entering the area.. they just let you sail right into it...

:mad:

therock2689
11-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Shit, i though the potholes here in Fl where bad. R u sure it was a pothole not a pool or some shit. Srry to hear that though, but i think you can fix it and the tire zit is no big deal as long as it doesnt bubble or anything.