PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Leaking

Cru328prod
11-25-2006, 12:16 PM
I just did a transmission flush, gasket and fliter change myself, Shopkey told me it was Dextron2 transmission fluid. I work for a Ford Dealership. They told me no its not you have to get it from benz, some kind of ATF. So i go and bought 6, came out to 60 dollars plus a new pin. So they drained it, put new gaskets, and put 4 1/2 Qs. Now the transmission is leaking, even when i did the transmission flush it was leaking. from what i can see its coming from the left side next to the exshust. Has anyone had this problem or know what could be wrong? Please no ford jokes lmao. Also How do you cheak the transmission level theres no dipstick, Shopkey said use the oil dipstick?

1999 C230 K

Mercedes DIY
11-25-2006, 01:20 PM
I hope to god I dont ever have transmission problems with my 230

1995c280
11-25-2006, 02:08 PM
check the tranny electrical connector on the passenger side at the front of the tranny next to the bellhousing. they leak all the time and the new o-rings are redesigned! they are very cheap from the dealer for a replacment - like $10. next if you only put in 4.5 quarts then you are fine assuming you only drained the pan and changed the filter. the pan takes 4 quarts and the filter and lines take about .5 of a quart! to replace the connector twist the white locking tab counterclockwise and pull the connector harness out. then take a 7mm socket and loosen the nut that holds the connector in the tranny. be sure "NOT" to overtighten the nut when putting the new connector in. if you strip the nut when tightening...you will need a new tranny electrical plate - VERY Expensive! also make sure both o-rings come out when pulling the old connector out (one large o-ring and one small o-ring).

if you don't want to spend the money on a tranny dipstick from the dealer or from ebay...don't worry, your level is fine. trust me!

however when replacing the connector, let all the fluid drain out after pulling the old connector out. then after replacing it add another .5 of a quart of fluid and you will be all set!

Jason

Cru328prod
11-26-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by 1995c280
check the tranny electrical connector on the passenger side at the front of the tranny next to the bellhousing. they leak all the time and the new o-rings are redesigned! they are very cheap from the dealer for a replacment - like $10. next if you only put in 4.5 quarts then you are fine assuming you only drained the pan and changed the filter. the pan takes 4 quarts and the filter and lines take about .5 of a quart! to replace the connector twist the white locking tab counterclockwise the pull the connector harness out. then take a 7mm socket and loosen the nut that holds the connector in the tranny. be sure "NOT" to overtighten the nut when putting the new connector in. if you strip the nut when tightening...you will need a new tranny electrical plate - VERY Expensive! also make sure both o-rings come out when pulling the old connector out (one large o-ring and one small o-ring).

if you don't want to spend the money on a tranny dipstick off from the dealer or from ebay...don't worry, your level is fine. trust me!

however when replacing the connector, let all the fluid drain out after pulling the old connector out. then after replacing it add another .5 of a quart of fluid and you will be all set!

Jason

Thank you jason, i'll tell the tech tommow, keep you guys posted to see what it was.

Cru328prod
11-27-2006, 07:19 AM
Well guess what guys. Rear left diff seals L, R, and Center are leaking, plus the rear tail shaft of the transmission is leaking YAYYAH ANOTHER 400 + GOING DOWN THE DRAIN.