PDA

View Full Version : gas tank cover issues

kyo216
11-27-2006, 04:27 PM
this morning it was raining and when i went into my car i noticed that there is something wrong. usually when i lock or unlock my car there is this pretty loud locking sound from the gas tank. well this morning i noticed the sound was gone and when i lock my car i can still push the cover open. anything i can do to fix this? dont want anybody jacking my gas hahaha or pouring random crap into it.

1995c280
11-27-2006, 04:44 PM
the actuator most likely failed on the lock for the gas tank door. it is run off the PSE pump like all the doors with the central locking! pull back the right side inner trunk carpet panel and see if the rod moves. you prolly will need a new lock actuator for the gas door as most likely it failed and nothing should be wrong with your PSE pump since all the door locks still function correctly.

i have a SLIGHT vaccum leak somewhere in the car so when it is below freezing in the winter my lines for the central locking freeze and i must manually open the doors! haha, ya i know ghetto. but i haven't had the chance to take the time to track it down for 2 years now, LOL. so i just pulled the 2 bolts out and let the actuator for the filler door hang there cuz i got sick and tired of pulling the emergency release on it everytime i had to fill up. it became a pain-in-my-ass pulling the carpet back and forth every few days!

you guys should get a kick outta that one!

Jason

kyo216
11-27-2006, 05:30 PM
you really should check the leak..hahaha im sure you will feel a lot better when you go to the gas station.

1995c280
11-27-2006, 05:36 PM
have no urge to at all, LOL. it's disconnected so my filler door doesn't lock at all. i'm not worried about it cuz i live in a good area with low crime and not too worried about someone messing with my gas. nothing has happened yet in the last 2 years. "knock on wood". i actually forgot about it until you brought up this thread, haha!

kyo216
11-27-2006, 07:28 PM
haha youre lucky. i need to get my lock fixed asap because i work in downtown la. the ghetto!