PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Cool backwards wiper... maybe?

anf6789
11-28-2006, 04:44 PM
ok so i have been looking on ebay at a bunch of 202s, they all seem to have the wiper facing the left side. My 94 c280's faces the right side, can anyone tell me why mine is different. its just bugging me why its on a totally different side. its not a problem, i just couldnt find the info anywhere:D thanks anf6789,

kameraguy
11-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Just when you think you have seen it all...you haven't...

There's the left-wiper position, centrally parked wiper position ala DTM, no wiper ala ripped-off, but I have yet to see a right-facing position.

Sounds like a one-off mod to me! As long as it wipes when you need it, consider yourself flossing the first mod of it's kind :)

anf6789
11-28-2006, 04:59 PM
change: it is facing right when i am in the car. if u didnt no

SWEET if it is actually wrong, i have unknowingly pioneered the backwardswiper craze!! just kidding. maybe it was fixed and they put it on the wrong way? i bought it 6 months ago, lol

benzofanatic
11-28-2006, 05:31 PM
I have actually been thinking about this while driving in the rain. The way i sit (kinda low) i can not see the hood star as it is blocked by the wiper. But i noticed i can see it when i have the wiper going fast. Im not sure if its just an up grade but the wiper you have on is not the same as mine. Yours is the new bosch wiper introduced in the new mercedes. Check out the link about the wiper blade.

http://www.sae.org/automag/techbriefs/06-2002/page2.htm

anf6789
11-28-2006, 05:46 PM
i bought that a couple weeks ago, it is called the bosch icon wiper blade. it is a direct rplacement, 19 bucks. it works really well and i like the stylin as well

rollinrealbig
11-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by anf6789
i bought that a couple weeks ago, it is called the bosch icon wiper blade. it is a direct rplacement, 19 bucks. it works really well and i like the stylin as well

ive had that one all throughout the winter season, love it, and especially the way it splashes all the water on other cars/people hahaha

Ashkan's C280
11-28-2006, 06:12 PM
you can change to location of the wiper blade, check mbenznls site

jnolte
11-28-2006, 06:17 PM
my wiper sits on the passenger side also, its easy to switch back and forth. You can choose for it to park on the left side, right side or DTM style

anf6789
11-28-2006, 06:33 PM
thanks alot for the info, but the thing i dont understand is, why would the old people i bought i from who gave it to there college student son, now the car did not have any mods on it, change the wiper position, i just dont get it, haha, how do change it like u said, and also what is mbenznls sites address? rollin, yeah i do that purposly when i pass by kids i dont like, he he

martattack
11-28-2006, 07:14 PM
Mine is also parked on the right side (passenger side). I believe it happened when it was taken in for service before I owned it and they had to retighten a part of the wiper mechanism. They must have had it 180 degrees around which made it park on the right side. I have records showing warranty work was done to the wiper system. That is my best guess.

I also have the BOsch Icon. It works well. I'm interested to see how it holds up with all the snow this winter.

rollinrealbig
11-28-2006, 08:11 PM
so how do I switch it to the passenger side ???

if you look at the lip the BOSCH Icon wiper has - it looks like its aerodynamically designed to be on the passenger side of the car ? its like a spoiler and adds downforce to keep the wiper down towards the windsheild.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/2179000-2179999/2179797_132_full.jpg

martattack
11-28-2006, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by rollinrealbig
so how do I switch it to the passenger side ???

if you look at the lip the BOSCH Icon wiper has - it looks like its aerodynamically designed to be on the passenger side of the car ? its like a spoiler and adds downforce to keep the wiper down towards the windsheild.

More importantly it reduces wind resistance from the wiper blade.

Ashkan's C280
11-28-2006, 11:19 PM
mbenz.nl

anf6789
11-29-2006, 02:16 AM
thanks for the link, i guess mine must of been fixed, ill have to see if i can find out, wow i never even thought about how the aero spoiler on the wiper blade would be backwards, guess i just got lucky then, cant wait to try it in the snow, do u guys know any thing about the heated fluid? when it turns on? thanks