PDA

View Full Version : How many bushings total for front?

202rules
12-01-2006, 11:03 PM
Hi, I had bought a couple of bushings from LPD AUTO last year and this year I was hoping to install them, but when I was looking under the car with the mechanic we noticed that each side in the front had two bushings of the same size, not one. Does this mean we need 4 bushings in total from LPD AUTO to install on the front?

On the Ebay listing for the LPD bushings, it says:

Each kit contains bushings for repair of one side or arm. For both sides please purchase two, one for each side

And the price is $50.

This makes it sound like $100 will get you 2 kits, one for each side, that will have all the bushings you need for the lower control arms in the front.

But I just checked what I paid last year, and apparently I had paid $100 and got two bushings, but like I said looking under the car it looked like we actually need 4 for the lower control arms in the front.

Can someone tell me if I'm wrong about the 4 bushings or exactly how much they had to pay for their LPD bushings to get the both sides done?

I already placed another order from LPD for $50, but after checking what I paid last year I'm suspecting I'm only gonna receive one bushing.

NISMOPOWERED
12-02-2006, 07:45 AM
each lower arm has 2 bushings but its only the rear on each side that goes out. So install your new bushing in the rear on each side and dont forget to check your balljoints!

202rules
12-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the info. The LPD shipment came and sure enough it had only 1 bushing (for $50).

I have 3 total now. I think I'm gonna order the 4th and be done with it and have all bushings in the front replaced.

Denlasoul
12-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by 202rules
I have 3 total now. I think I'm gonna order the 4th and be done with it and have all bushings in the front replaced.
I dont think that those bushings will work in the front part of the LCA as it requires a two piece bushing.

Proven Guilty
12-04-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
I dont think that those bushings will work in the front part of the LCA as it requires a two piece bushing.

i think DLS is correct. However, I think Paul/23K had some custom bushings made for this very purpose.

202rules
12-05-2006, 06:20 AM
Really? Well that sucks! I guess I have an extra poly bushing now. I'm sure I can find a lot of friends to throw it at. That thing is heavy and has a nice feel to it :D

Thanks for telling me guys, I was just about to order a 4th one when I remembered I should probably check here first.