PDA

View Full Version : Changing fluids.

Espresso
12-02-2006, 05:15 AM
Hello all. MB dealer is being a dick & wont tell me the capacities of the fluids I need to change(hell they wouldnt even give me the part number for a wiper blade). I also want to change the coolant but not sure on the procedure for this car.
If someone can I need the capacities for...
1. Engine oil.
2. Diff gear oil( or should I just email Kleeman for their recomendations?)
3. Coolant

I know this car has a coolant pump on it( I can only assume it is a pump as it has coolant lines to it with an electrical connection on it). So is there a specific air bleeding procedure or the block, lines ect? Also where are the block drains?

I know some of this I can find on my own, like the block drains. But after just having back surgery I cant exactly spend alot of time laying on the ground looking for these things. So any help would be appricated.

TIA,
Tom

Polestar
12-02-2006, 06:39 AM
1. Engine oil. 8.5 US qt. 8.0 L,
2. Diff gear oil 1.2 US qt. 1.1 L
3. Coolant10.6 US qt. 10.0 L

I take it you don't have your owners manual?

Oh, yea, your dealer sucks!

BTW, it you hunt the net, you'll find "how to's" on changing these fluids.

stox
12-02-2006, 07:00 AM
Drop a note, or call, MB corporate. They will be less than amused that one of their dealers is treating you this way.

1995c280
12-02-2006, 07:09 AM
agreed completly with stox. when a customer gives a bad review about service/treatment at a dealership...take it from me, we hear about it very quickly. they don't put up with it at all! usually by the next business day first thing in the morning, i got my service manager rounding up the whole shop for a meeting with the distric manager.

Jason

Espresso
12-02-2006, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Polestar
1. Engine oil. 8.5 US qt. 8.0 L,
2. Diff gear oil 1.2 US qt. 1.1 L
3. Coolant10.6 US qt. 10.0 L

I take it you don't have your owners manual?

Oh, yea, your dealer sucks!

BTW, it you hunt the net, you'll find "how to's" on changing these fluids.

Thanks for the info. I tried searching but what I found was for the I6 & I4. As for the diff. Is there a friction modifier that I need? I know most LSD's need it.
Owner's manual is in Spanish & doesnt say shit about the car( I dont even know what the MIL looks like.. I know shame on me). Hell, my wife cant even decifer the OM.

Originally posted by stox
Drop a note, or call, MB corporate. They will be less than amused that one of their dealers is treating you this way.

Actually I should clarify. The dealer & service department are 2 different places. They wouldnt dare sell cars & work on them in trhe same place. If the peopel saw how they did things I dont think a single MB would be sold here..LOL
MB could give a shit less about how the tech dept works here....trust me I tried.

Originally posted by 1995c280
agreed completly with stox. when a customer gives a bad review about service/treatment at a dealership...take it from me, we hear about it very quickly. they don't put up with it at all! usually by the next business day first thing in the morning, i got my service manager rounding up the whole shop for a meeting with the distric manager.

Jason

I agree also. But like I said to stox, They could careless here. They had my car for 5 days while they changed the LCAB's & gave it an oil change. I called MB. Here is how the conversation went...
Me..."I would like to file a complaint about the tech dept here in Panama City, Panama"
MB... "Was the car fixed & given back to you"....
Me... "yes"
MB... "what are you complaining for?
Me... "well fuck you too".

stox
12-02-2006, 08:16 AM
What MB office did you call? Local or Corporate? If Local, try Corporate. Also, writing a letter in these type of affairs tends to carry more weight than a phone call.