PDA

View Full Version : Users with ebay projectors :.

yusuke280
12-03-2006, 03:02 PM
hey guys,
im sure quite a few of you guys have them.

can anyone post problems/comments?
http://faiwong228.com/Pclass9401smok.JPG

i found a few problems.

1. IF the lowbeam is the position on the (outer side/bigger area) why would there be NO reflectors? its going to blind and glare everyone without reflectors. unless they are HI beam

2. its going to look absolutely awkward with the smoked side corner lights.

3. whats the projectors? fogs???

4. are the bloody city lights the small LED/bulb on the bigger ring?

i mean, its going to look good. but there are so many technical problems from what i see.

comments please from everyone.

Markland556
12-03-2006, 03:07 PM
well mine should be here tomarrow.. (dam Fedex is retarded) But ill throw up some pics and info on how it all works. I will be getting HID's too.. we put them in my friends golf yesterday.... wow... lol. 14,000 kalvin

yusuke280
12-03-2006, 03:10 PM
are u putting HID's in those projectors or the reflector housings?

your going to blind everyone in the reflectors..

97C28O
12-03-2006, 04:22 PM
I think the projector (small circle, inner one) is the low. The bigger circle is the Hi Beam. I don't think there is a city light anymore..unless I'm wrong. The projector you thought is the hi beam would be too blinding. That is why it has the halogens. With HID Kit you can put them in the projector (its best instead of halogens) If you look on the board there are some members with these headlights. I know that jstrat has them, check his member's gallery. Can't think of anyone else but there are other members with them.

therock2689
12-03-2006, 05:10 PM
The reflector is for Hi lo and the projector is for fog.

Rock

yusuke280
12-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by therock2689
The reflector is for Hi lo and the projector is for fog.

Rock

thats extremely confusing. if the reflector is for Hi/Lo then its going to be running H4's?

Just confusing.

jnolte
12-03-2006, 05:39 PM
i think the projector is for the hi beam and the other is for the regular

14k, that like no light output, and its riced out

Markland556
12-03-2006, 08:34 PM
14k is alot of light, nice and blue too.. i love it..

the projector is only for the fog light and the reflectors are hi/low.
Im going to HID both of them..

jnolte
12-03-2006, 08:45 PM
14 is gunna be purple

97C28O
12-03-2006, 08:48 PM
14K is way too much. And from what i read... Higher K's = less light output. Best would be the 6000K's

Markland556
12-03-2006, 09:10 PM
well my friend put them in his car.. he had a c280, crashed it and sold the hid's to my other friend. The are blue and wayyy brighter than whats on there now.. For $160 new, whatever..

Abuimad
12-03-2006, 09:38 PM
nasty lights...and from the look of it, i can tell that compared with the reflectors of the oem lights..this one is simly shit...thats whats making me afraid of going ahead and buying one...still waiting for the dual projectors

yusuke280
12-04-2006, 07:02 PM
I've got a reply from the manufacture.
To help all members in this forum:

The projector is LO-BEAM.
The outer/bigger is for Hi-BEAM.
City lights are the small bulbs in the hi-beam, NO fog lights.

Hope this will help all members.

97C28O
12-04-2006, 07:06 PM
I cant see the "city lights" in the high beam?

yusuke280
12-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by 97C28O
I cant see the "city lights" in the high beam?

It's a very small hole on the high beam reflector.

Just like the ones on a Golf MK4.

DRM
12-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by yusuke280
It's a very small hole on the high beam reflector.

Just like the ones on a Golf MK4.

Hmm I don't think these have the city lights, judging from those pictures there are 4 pins on the light, and the hole where the city light is supposed to go looks empty, the city light is in pin number 5 or 6 in my female connector so even if it was one of the other pins it would be on with another light set.

and if your pins on the female connector don't match the pins on the light you will have a check light indicator on the cluster when the lights are on.

I was saying in another thread that you can possibly put metal in the section of the female connector where the city light pin is supposed to go and maybe that would complete the circuit and stop the check light bulb from coming on but that's just a theory, don't know if that would work, anyone?

Markland556
12-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Got my headlights on. They look awsome... they do have city light holes. The bulbs they come with are pretty crappy, but HID's should solve that..
Ill get pics tomarrow if i feel like getting around to it.

yusuke280
12-06-2006, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by Markland556
Got my headlights on. They look awsome... they do have city light holes. The bulbs they come with are pretty crappy, but HID's should solve that..

does your cluster indicate any bulb (missing) warning ? etc like that

DRM
12-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Markland556

yes that is correct, they have the hole for the city light but do not include a city light or city light harness! this all has to be custom made.

bish0p
12-07-2006, 08:49 PM
do you know what size bulb is used in the projector? also please remember to take pictures of the beam pattern and light output. i remember one of the members saying that even with the hid in the projector it wasnt giving out much light. I'd really like to put hids in the projector though.