PDA

View Full Version : C36 Help Please!

NISMOPOWERED
12-04-2006, 10:56 AM
I would like to know if anyone feels like removeing their valve cover to give me some timing pionts. The machine shop cleaded off tha paint marks on mine and benz does not put marks on the AMG. So now im screwed! Basically I need someone who can put their engine at TDC and tell me how to set the cams so I can have my car back. If your in the San Jose area I would be happy to do it myself if you would allow, I even have a car you could use for the hour or so!
Thanks for any help guys!

kameraguy
12-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Hi Nismo,

I am in the San Jose Area too. If you have time tomorrow, i could meet you after work and you can take a look at my engine. I get off work around 3:30 pm.

Let me know.

- Christian

NISMOPOWERED
12-04-2006, 02:06 PM
PM sent!
That would be sweet if we can meet up!

kameraguy
12-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Nismo,

I tried to PM you but your box is full.

Can we reschedule for Wednesday at 4pm? I forgot I had an appointment after work tomorrow.

I left you a VM too.

Thanks,
Christian

benzaddict
12-04-2006, 11:22 PM
Hey Nismo, I got your email the other day for help. Send me your phone # and I'll talk you through it, it's pretty easy but too much to write! I was going to scan the workshop instructions for you and email them to you today but got too busy at work. I'll try to get them to you tomorrow.

NISMOPOWERED
12-06-2006, 08:57 PM
Hey guys, Just want to give a big thank you to Kameraguy!
He came over tonight and we pulled his valve cover off and got some good pics. After I get my car together I can post the pics with some guides as to how to reset the cams on a C36.
Once again a huge thanks to Christian!

NISMOPOWERED
12-17-2006, 04:14 PM
Just wanted to update. Finally got the time to put her together and all seems well so far. It does run better and the cam timing seems to be dead on. I'll see how it goes the next few days.
Once again a big thanks to Kameraguy! Without his help the car would not be running!!!!!!!!

kameraguy
12-17-2006, 05:13 PM
No Prob Nismo, glad she's running now. We need to go for a cruise and photoshoot sometime :)