PDA

View Full Version : Spark Plug - F7KTCR or F8KTCR, Anti-seize or not?

xvvvz
12-05-2006, 06:46 AM
The dealer recommends that I replace my sparkplugs. I would rather do this myself as opposed to paying them $150. So I called the local import parts store to order the Bosch F7KTCR and they said the F7KTCR has been superseded by F8KTCR. Anybody know if this is true? The lame-axxxed Bosch site is not working.

Also, should I use anti-seize compound? I have never done this before with other cars and Mercedes doesn't mention it in the WIS procedure but a lot of people on the net say you should use it. What compound would you use?

Thanks.

iwhocorrupts
12-05-2006, 01:39 PM
I used anti-seize when I changed my plugs -- it does no harm

jnenad16
12-05-2006, 10:03 PM
the difference in plugs might just be the resistor difference. as long as the plugs are the same style and heat range, there is nothing to worry about. as for the anti seize paste, I use it for years on every vehicle I change plugs on. expect the car to run a bit rough for few seconds until excess paste burns off the end of the plugs(that is if you applied it to close to the tip).

nenad

xvvvz
12-06-2006, 06:33 AM
Thanks for the info. I will try to see if I can find some specifications somewhere on the net.

Do you have a recommendation for a brand of anti-seize?

Thanks.

jnenad16
12-06-2006, 12:48 PM
I use permatex anti seize since its available at any parts store.

nenad