PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem with new radio

Markland556
12-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Well i installed a new Panasonic CQ-C9901U headunit in my sisters 98 C280. She has the bose system so i tapped all the wires.. Weird thing... the speakers play just dam fine when listening to the radio but if i switch to CD or the AUX input (Ipod) there is no sound at all...
Anyone have any ideas,, iv tried everythign i know. Ill test the wires comming out the back tomarrow to see if its the bose amp... IDK though... its just sooo weird...

bish0p
12-05-2006, 10:50 PM
when you switch to cd or whatever does your antenna go down? if it does then that means you have to switch your power antenna wire. cuz your amp is powered by the power antenna. for mine i believe i had to switch the blue and the white and blue wire. you might want to check your wires though.

Markland556
12-05-2006, 10:57 PM
o really? Well thanks for the info, ill check that out tomarrow..

bish0p
12-05-2006, 11:02 PM
yeah do a search. You should be able to find the answer. Or just call the support number for your headunit they should know which wires to switch.

Markland556
12-06-2006, 09:13 AM
got it fixed. Just diddn know the bose amp was powered by the antenna trigger. Also diddnt know the antenna went down on CD or AUX... weird, out of all teh headunits iv seen they never do that... Im gunna get this same headunit for my car. The car doesnt even have an antenna. So i just hooked it up to the amp remote wire...

WOW... Bose rocks!!