PDA

View Full Version : K&N Intake system (save gas) ?

EDM6VIP
12-06-2006, 08:22 AM
can a K&N Intake system save me gas? for my C220 ?

or should i just replace my stock air filter for a new one?

stox
12-06-2006, 09:44 AM
Use a new filter. Some have reported problems with their MAS after re-oiling the K&N filters. Some people do swear by them, though.

Proven Guilty
12-06-2006, 10:48 AM
please stop posting new threads if you don't even ATTEMPT to research ANYTHING.

trymonlam
12-06-2006, 12:06 PM
i doubt you would save gas with a higher flow filter. simply because more air = more fuel.
as for the MAS problem, we've got members here that use their performance filter only once. instead of washing/oiling it, they would just get a new one. since no extra oil is introduced in the process, the MAS would stay intact.
And please do use the search function next time before posting a question. we've got a wealth of info here and it's quite likely to find your topic had been discussed before. every time when someone start a new thread about a previously discussed topic, it makes the process of searching for an answer a little harder. and they add up.

iwhocorrupts
12-06-2006, 09:04 PM
My theory is higher flow = less low end torque = heavier foot = more gas

But I have one lol

Abuimad
12-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by iwhocorrupts
My theory is higher flow = less low end torque = heavier foot = more gas

But I have one lol

my theory is, that all those k&n and OMP or green filter systems dont do shit for the car...i tried both K&N and OMP and they did not add any hp's, they did kind of consume more gas, but maybe it was my driving style has changed inorder for me to hear the filter sound more lol...

K_Sport Driver
12-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Proven Guilty
please stop posting new threads if you don't even ATTEMPT to research ANYTHING.
amen.

also, a higher flowing intake will use more gas, not save it. the car's computer keeps a constant air/fuel ratio, and thus, the more air the engine gets, the more fuel it consumes.