PDA

View Full Version : looking for perfomance

germanbloodd
12-06-2006, 10:24 AM
hey guys, i just gota mb, and its a 95 c280 model with a 2.8 inline six, i cant find any aftermarket support for this motor at all. i want to get another and build it fromt he bare block up but i cant find a store any where that sells pistons or rods for it, let alone a stroker kit or somthing of that nature. is there anywher i can buy a turbo manifold either? id ont want to resort to having big daddy's muffler shop trying to weld me a manifold.... thanks for the help.

Proven Guilty
12-06-2006, 10:45 AM
sigh

edit: welcome to the forums :p
http://home.comcast.net/~tss.hsi/search.jpg

trymonlam
12-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Proven Guilty
sigh

edit: welcome to the forums :p
http://home.comcast.net/~tss.hsi/search.jpg
oh, c'mon, PG, give the kid a break.
compare to other cars, performance mods on our cars fall short. so if you want some serious tuning, u will need to get most of your stuff custom made.
a handful of members here had done quite some work on their car. go ahead and read up.

Proven Guilty
12-06-2006, 02:05 PM
i haven't had my coffee when those were posted earlier this morning lol :p

Proven Guilty
12-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by germanbloodd
hey guys, i just gota mb, and its a 95 c280 model with a 2.8 inline six, i cant find any aftermarket support for this motor at all. i want to get another and build it fromt he bare block up but i cant find a store any where that sells pistons or rods for it, let alone a stroker kit or somthing of that nature. is there anywher i can buy a turbo manifold either? id ont want to resort to having big daddy's muffler shop trying to weld me a manifold.... thanks for the help.

in all seriousness, jnenad has done a supercharger project on the M104 block that you can find info on here.

the things to look out for with this engine is the composite head gasket that is prone to failure if the car ever overheats, as well as a rapidly detriorating wiring harness. putting a lot of stress on the inline six would likely cause you problems unless you plan to rebuild and go from there.

a member named paul (23K on the forums) has a custom turbo project where he's had pistons made to his spec (at least they were supposed to). a simple word of advice, if you plan to go with custom pistons, don't get them from JE ;) haha