View Full Version : front wheels (gets dirty fassstttttt)

EDM6VIP
12-06-2006, 10:24 AM
i cleaned my car 2 days ago and the wheels ofcourse and now i noticed the front wheels were to dirty, dusty (for couple days) thats quick, brake dust???? is there any way to reduce this?

with out me changing the pads?

spray can for brake dust?...

because i would hate to clean it everytime...

i understand that the car is heavy....

Proven Guilty
12-06-2006, 10:44 AM
axis deluxe plus brake pads.

that's all the help you get.

edit:
http://home.comcast.net/~tss.hsi/search.jpg

rman
12-06-2006, 10:47 AM
what about the PBR pads?

and no, not pabst blue ribbon

OCKlasse
12-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by EDM6VIP
i cleaned my car 2 days ago and the wheels ofcourse and now i noticed the front wheels were to dirty, dusty (for couple days) thats quick, brake dust???? is there any way to reduce this?

with out me changing the pads?

spray can for brake dust?...

because i would hate to clean it everytime...

i understand that the car is heavy....

there is something made by Michelin? maybe, well anyway you can spray it onto your wheels and it repels brake dust. research a little.

Proven Guilty
12-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by rman
what about the PBR pads?

and no, not pabst blue ribbon

PBR and Axiis are actually the same company. Axiis is the more "American" side of the company, but the PBR Deluxe and the Axiis plus pads are exactly the same in look and compound. I like them, and they're easy on the rotors with 90% reduction in dust.

Fizzle
12-06-2006, 11:33 AM
As Far As That Michelin Brake Dust repellent Goes Its Not Really Worth It. I've Used it A Couple times And Could Not really See The Difference. i Would Suggest Some Of those Brake Dust Shield You Put On Behind The Wheel. Not Really Sure Were You Get Them Though. I Hear You Can Find Them At Some Rim Shops.

jnenad16
12-06-2006, 12:45 PM
I would strongly advise against the brake dust shields as they do impair the necessary brake ventilation.

nenad

stox
12-06-2006, 01:24 PM
I'll second the recommendation for PBR deluxe pads. Ever since I put them on, the difference in dust on the front wheels has been remarkable. I now wash my car when the body gets dirty, instead of when the front wheels turn black.

martattack
12-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of European cars. Brake dust is definitely something they are prone to. Not exactly sure why most european cars have this problem, but it seems to be the trend. Like others have said, the PBR Deluxe pads are quite dust free and also maintain good stopping power. Aside from changing your brake pads, the best I can think of is the spray on brake dust repellent that was spoken of earlier (I have no experience with this however), and I suppose you can wash your wheels more often. Good luck.

Martin

Abuimad
12-06-2006, 09:56 PM
i tried several solutions to this problem, since my rims attract a lot of brake dust, but i found nuthing to work.....unless i remove my brakes....my rims will always have that annoying brake dust on them