PDA

View Full Version : think im deaf in one ear now!! freakin bose

anf6789
12-06-2006, 04:43 PM
a couple of weeks ago i posted about my bose amp not working. well one day im drivin to chick fil a and SCREAM, thats the extemely high pitch noise that comes out of the loud bose speakers. pull over shut car off, its still going!! so i am sitting in a parking lot nxt to a car with windows up and it sounds like theres a cat being murdered inside, with someone holding a megaphone up to it!! lol, so i figure that maybe if i take the bose fuse out it will stop, thank god it does! but when i pulled it out some drops of water spilled onto my hands!, uh oh i thought damn there goes 400 bucks or hover much these things cost. i take the amp out, open it up and blow dry the shit out of it. put it back in, its working perfectly... ITS the goddamn trunk seal, water was dripping right onto my Bose amp. so one of the mechanics at the ford dealer my dad sells cars at tells me i can eather crimp the seal? or buy a new one. i crimped it and clear silconed the trunk with like two tubes of the stuff, the tail lights too. if you guys have any reccomendations, same problem or any info, it would be a big help!! my ears still hurt!!!:D

matt09
12-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Lol, a cat being murdered..... I can picture the whole thing.

anf6789
12-06-2006, 06:43 PM
me and my 13 year old brother were in a crowded shopping area and we quickley put up the windows and held our ears, water-plus-bose=pets dying in your car, highly recommend against it.
anyone have this happen to them?, at least we know now that water damage is fixable.

benzonline
12-06-2006, 07:26 PM
This is a common issue in the W140 chassis however with no water on the amp. It will just pop and squeal like a pig.

but FCUK...I just got rid of my old w126 cause I didnt want to spend a few grand fixing the rear window and now its gonna happen on this one? Is it from rusting?

This is my last benz anyways.

anf6789
12-07-2006, 09:26 AM
well, my car is originally fron PA. the previous owners moved to illonios,cold=snow which means salt and rust, my trunk started leaking on the right side but i thought i had sealed it up, my trunk has spots of surface rust under the spare and around some other spots. its not bad, but just seal it up to be certain no water will come in, on the bottom window seal, rubber trunk seal, and tail lights are where i did it, even antennae if coming in through there. it has rained alot in NJ the past weeks too

i actually cut a ziplock bag and made a amp "rain coat" so to speak, just as a protective measure,it hasn't melted so i think this will work with the new sealing i did with the clear silicone.

oh it was popping already this was no pig squeeling let me tell you, more like bomb raid alarm!!

oh saw you were from toronto, yeah.. theres lots of snow there. 13 year old cars and rust are bound to happen

benzonline
12-07-2006, 01:18 PM
This is my c230k's first winter in its life. The previous owner never had it in the snow and it did 10,000k a yr. The condition is unreal and I just took it for rustproofing....underbody and entire body such as doors and hood,trunk etc.

So far my Bose amp has been great...only twice I turned on the radio to get no audio at all and I heard one pop within a yr.

audiophile
12-07-2006, 02:45 PM
that's why they call it BLOSE:D

anf6789
12-07-2006, 04:19 PM
well it's "BLOSE" is way better sounding than my dad's 95 lincoln mark viii. the ad for that states "sell the corporate jet"ha ha. fast(280 hp fast) but not even close to the mercedes in quality and sound, with my alpine it sounds great, but im guessing by your name and what you said it could be much better:D

mine has 120000 on it and for a 1994 i think its in pretty good shape, other than that rust there is some rust bubbles from what i think was a minor scrape that wa snever fixed properly,right behind the wheel arch in the back right. oh and some under the bottom black plastic on the passenger door, ohhh and..........:D

what do they do when the rust proof it, spray something on it?

benzonline
12-07-2006, 05:38 PM
The BLOSE is indeed amazing...when it works!

Rustproofing is a special oil which they spray in a strong fine mist alll over the underbody of the car, and then drill one time hole in each door to spray into them do prevent rust coming from the inside out.

Look up KROWN RUST CONTROL in google, which is an example of the rustproof in Canada.

audiophile
12-08-2006, 12:26 AM
but im guessing by your name and what you said it could be much better

very true.:rolleyes:

anf6789
12-08-2006, 04:22 PM
audiophile: what are you running sound wise, also did u have the bose first?

thanks dont think it would help, it wouldn't make rust go away, lol

audiophile
12-08-2006, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by anf6789
audiophile: what are you running sound wise, also did u have the bose first?

thanks dont think it would help, it wouldn't make rust go away, lol
i didn't start off with bose, but that makes no difference.
front and rear stage is mb quart
jl amps
10w7
as far as the hu goes it's an eclipse 8053
it's a pretty basic set up that sounds great.

anf6789
12-09-2006, 06:42 PM
sounds expensive, lol before i got my car i didnt no it had the bose system, so i was lookin to spend around 1000 on sound, then i saw it had it and it was up to my standard so i kept it and replaced the hu and got a harmon kardon drive and play, thinking of getting a sup for under 400, maybe an alpine type s and an aldpin 450 watt 2ohm amp

audiophile
12-10-2006, 01:00 AM
if you like the way it sounds now, then by all means just do the sub. i've done several mercedes with the bose sys. and just added an amp and sub package, and the customer almost always says that's exactly what i wanted.:)

davis449
12-10-2006, 07:03 AM
The crappy thig about Bose, in our cars anyway, is you can never find the speakers on ebay. I need one for my dirver's side front door and the dealer wants $275. Yeah right...I e-mailed Bose last week and the people over there told me to give them the P/N and hopefully they'll come back with something I can live with.

benzonline
12-10-2006, 03:23 PM
What happened with the front speaker?

davis449
12-11-2006, 04:53 AM
It's just starting to distort from old age and use. I don't abuse it, it's just time for it to go I guess. All the other ones are fine.

benzonline
12-11-2006, 03:37 PM
Hmm rare for it to go..mine seems ok. And looking at the front door drivers of Bose 202, its the same drivers as their famous 901 Home speakers...4.5" helical voice coil.

anf6789
12-15-2006, 09:26 AM
well i may end up getting a sub then!

Forgiven
12-17-2006, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by anf6789
so i am sitting in a parking lot nxt to a car with windows up and it sounds like theres a cat being murdered inside, with someone holding a megaphone up to it!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

That's hilarious. Glad you got it worked out though.

anf6789
12-18-2006, 02:30 PM
thanks, it was horrible!