PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with 230K

ChristianDK
12-07-2006, 01:53 AM
How is your idle?

Mine is not quite stable. Runs between appx 700-800 rpm. Is it normal?

Have just checked MAS and new airfilter, so poperbly no problem there. Are going to replace plugs, but am doubting that they will do the trick?

Kompressor_Dude
12-07-2006, 03:14 AM
Sounds about right to me mate, mine warms up at around 1k then drops to 600/700, but its does grumble up and down a bit.

I've heard a lot about this MAF, could you tell me what it is and how you checked it? wouldnt mind making sure its in good nick if i can :)

As for the plugs, iv just had mine done and it didnt make any difference to the idle, just a bit more poke in the acceleration!

ChristianDK
12-07-2006, 04:08 AM
Funny - Mine is aloso a manual sport, but an etate.

Also talked to my local Mercedes Mechanic. He said that it is normal with an idle that is not totally stable on the 230K.

The maf is located in front of the engine, just behind the right side of the radiator - it has a big tube going in to it form the top. It is black, and has an electrical plug going in to it, and is held with some clips. Be careful if you want to clean it. Do not touch the element inside - very delicate. I would personally not spray anythin into it. Just remove if there are any foreign elements.

NISMOPOWERED
12-07-2006, 07:37 AM
They make sprays to clean them, it is the film of crap on the sensor wire that makes it read off. If you spray cleaner on thr wire it really wont do anything.

xvvvz
12-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Check that all of your engine vacuum hoses are connected and don't have holes or splits. MB found a split vaccum hose going into the supercharger that was causing me hassles. The MAF was trying to overcompensate for the leak and messing things up.

Doug

xvvvz
12-07-2006, 11:36 AM
I don't want to hijack this thread, so would my fellow 230k owners please also take a look at this thread and give me your feedback?

http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11387

Thanks!