PDA

View Full Version : bump stop cut?

EDM6VIP
12-10-2006, 11:23 PM
i just cut my stock springs, do i need to cut my bump stops also???

if so...how much?

but won't that blow the shocks faster because of more shocks travel... ????

taimyshukah
12-10-2006, 11:36 PM
Are you getting new shocks too? I'm no lowering expert but I do know that stock shocks arent designed to work with lowering/cut springs. They'll definitely blow out sooner if you keep the stock ones.

EDM6VIP
12-11-2006, 09:10 AM
im using stock shocks for now should i cut the bump stops ???or not?????

OCKlasse
12-11-2006, 09:19 AM
as explained to you, if you cut your bumpstop, you will have a smoother ride, but will have also have more suspension travel. There comes a potential risk of rubbing because you more extra travel. Show us a pic of your car and let's decide.

EDM6VIP
12-11-2006, 10:48 AM
OKclasse.....thanks in advance...

about the bumpstop (which one) do i cut... the solid part or the cone looking one? cut in the middle? and leave which one???

please reply asap i'm lowering it right now...

i will show and post the pictures "before & after" type of thing as far as lowering.

but i have another question.....

i just purchased this C220 2 weeks ago...and "i think" that this car has been lowered before.... because i noticed on the rear panel wheel well the fenders are ALREADY ROLLED..... also the front bumper has a rubbing marked i noticed.....

the front spring pads are both #1..... but the rear has #7 on driver side #9 on passenger side... ???

having...#7 and #9 on the rear... is that a BIG difference? and will it make some height issue or shock and springs uneven load ?

i know this is wierd!.......

worst comes to worst i can buy another pad to match which ever one i want to keep (#7 or #9) ....

OCKlasse
12-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by EDM6VIP
OKclasse.....thanks in advance...

about the bumpstop (which one) do i cut... the solid part or the cone looking one? cut in the middle? and leave which one???

please reply asap i'm lowering it right now...

i will show and post the pictures "before & after" type of thing as far as lowering.

but i have another question.....

i just purchased this C220 2 weeks ago...and "i think" that this car has been lowered before.... because i noticed on the rear panel wheel well the fenders are ALREADY ROLLED..... also the front bumper has a rubbing marked i noticed.....

the front spring pads are both #1..... but the rear has #7 on driver side #9 on passenger side... ???

having...#7 and #9 on the rear... is that a BIG difference? and will it make some height issue or shock and springs uneven load ?

i know this is wierd!.......

worst comes to worst i can buy another pad to match which ever one i want to keep (#7 or #9) ....

I say leave your bumpstop...and see if you like the ride...if not, cut it later. You can always go back and cut it later, but not put it back together if it's cut...by the way, our cars come rolled from the factory in the rear.

The highest spring pad rate I have ever seen is a 6, so I don't know how it could be a #7 or #9?

EDM6VIP
12-11-2006, 01:49 PM
#6? weird because my front says #1 then my rear says #7 & #9...

how can u tell the number with out re-taking out the springs????
i want to make sure i have th right information...so i cant buy the pads and match it... with my pads

i cut my bump stops rides cool!

my passenger shock has been blown for a while...i just noticed the black dusty oil....how much are shocks? oem....???

Denlasoul
12-11-2006, 02:26 PM
Where are you guys getting #6-9 pads?

Spring pad part numbers and sizes. (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=158&highlight=spring+pad)

You guys should really confirm what you are posting. This Thread is becoming more misleading than informative.

EDM6VIP
12-11-2006, 06:32 PM
so the biggest w201 pad on my rear is #3 18mm ???

can i double pad?

is that dangerous?

can the spring fall out of the tube? if the car bounced high