PDA

View Full Version : rebuild kit

germanbloodd
12-11-2006, 06:32 AM
does any body kno where i can find a oem rebuild kit, or any rebuild kit at all? i want my motor to be fresh so dont have any worrys after i turbo it.

Pagz
12-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Im fairly sure theres no "kit" as such...how many k's has the engine done?...you'll most likly pull it down and find its immaculate!

Man all this talk on turbos lately...Is anyone going to do it lol

germanbloodd
12-11-2006, 10:28 AM
well the motor itself has 162k on it and i dont feel safe spending a couple grand on a custom tbo kit if the motor wont be able to handle it, how did that one guy do with make JE ship him pistons that fit?

trymonlam
12-11-2006, 01:38 PM
that guy with the JE pistons is 23K, the first guy that replied to your post. and like 23K said, u can try and open up ur engine and u will probably see that it's in immaculate condition. we've got members here with 300k on the car and it still looks/runs like new. so with proper care, it's almost impossible to kill these cars. however, if you feel rebuild is necessary, feel free to look around and start shopping for replacement parts.

23K:
even though there might be others thinking about turbo, they probably wouldn't have that kind of luck and the depth of pocket to do what u have done. good luck, buddy.

Pagz
12-11-2006, 07:25 PM
Thanks man im always in need of goodluck;)

Project cost is always debatable...Unless your best friend or relation is a fabricator,engine builder and engine tuner be prepared to shell out some serious coin on this project...

If i were you i would save and buy the twin turbo mosselman kit(if they still do it)...dont touch the inside of the engine until you need to.

Seriously not much compares to a pre-tested kit which bolts right up.
http://www.mosselmanturbo.com/index2.htm