PDA

View Full Version : AMG ECU Tuning by SpeedInnovation

K1 Motorsport
12-12-2006, 09:41 PM
K1 Motorsport presents ECU tuning for W202 AMG engines powered by SpeedInnovation.

1998-1999 C43 AMG
93 RON: 27hp, 24lb-ft gains
91 RON: 21hp, 18lb-ft gains

1997 C36 AMG
93 RON: 24hp, 25lb-ft gains
91 RON: 19hp, 19lb-ft gains

1995-1996 C36 AMG
93 RON: 24hp, 25lb-ft gains
91 RON: 18hp, 19lb-ft gains

Regular Price: $599.99
Club202 Price: $549.99. Over $200 less than PowerChip!
FREE shipping to continental US if applicable.

* 8.25% sales tax applies to CA resident

RemoLexi
12-12-2006, 09:52 PM
97' C230 ??

Renn 208
12-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Do you have numbers based on 91 PON? Also, is there any kind of performance guarantee? Would you happen to have any dynos available?

Lensolo
12-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Renn 208
Do you have numbers based on 91 PON? Also, is there any kind of performance guarantee? Would you happen to have any dynos available?

Yes! I'd be happy to be the dyno car for your product. Already have a recent baseline.

jnolte
12-12-2006, 11:46 PM
27 hp is a huge gain, im skeptikal until i see dyno or a guarantee!

ncd
12-13-2006, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by RemoLexi
97' C230 ??

99' C230K?? not that I could energize my car over to america :)

Denlasoul
12-13-2006, 07:56 AM
Ditto.

K1 Motorsport
12-13-2006, 09:27 AM
97' C230 ??

97 C230
91 RON: 13hp, 16lb-ft gains
Price: $299.99

K1 Motorsport
12-13-2006, 09:30 AM

Yes, revised the initial post with 91/93 PON. We offer 7-day money back guarantee.

OCKlasse
12-13-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by K1 Motorsport
Price: $349.99

is this a plug and play unit? or do we have to send our ECU to you to be reprogrammed?

K1 Motorsport
12-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by OCKlasse
is this a plug and play unit? or do we have to send our ECU to you to be reprogrammed?

You need to send ECU to us to get programmed.

OCKlasse
12-13-2006, 10:13 AM
You need to send ECU to us to get programmed.

what is the turn around time?

K1 Motorsport
12-13-2006, 10:18 AM
what is the turn around time?

If you are local from Los Angeles area, it will be done on the same day. If you are shipping the ECU to us, it is normally sent back to you on the next business day.

Proven Guilty
12-13-2006, 10:43 AM
i speculate these types of gains would need to be tuned on a dyno. are you guys using a generic ECU program from a tuned car to yield "expected results", or do you actually read the stored fuel map, and tuned based per ECU.

if it's the later route, this is a pretty good deal for custom tuning, because it wouldn't be limited to stock hardware (exhaust, cams, intake etc), however it stil lwouldn't produce the optimum results as being tuned on a dyno.

Denlasoul
12-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Looking at the SpeedInnovations site, looks like cookie cutter ecu tuning.

I do not think you can get true dyno ecu optimization for ~$500.

Fizzle
12-13-2006, 10:59 AM
What Kind Of Effects On Gas Mileage Would Be Expected?

Can You Tune Say, A 98 C280? What Kind Of Gains Would Be Noticeable There?

K1 Motorsport
12-13-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
Looking at the SpeedInnovations site, looks like cookie cutter ecu tuning.

I do not think you can get true dyno ecu optimization for ~$500.

This is complete custom tuning. It is most expected and helpful if a customer sends a true dyno along with the ECU. Otherwise, we'll go by what we see inside the ECU because we don't cookie cut.

K1 Motorsport
12-13-2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Fizzle
What Kind Of Effects On Gas Mileage Would Be Expected?

Can You Tune Say, A 98 C280? What Kind Of Gains Would Be Noticeable There?

98 C280
91 RON: 15hp, 13lb-ft gains

Yes, you will notice the gains.

Denlasoul
12-13-2006, 12:03 PM
This is complete custom tuning. It is most expected and helpful if a customer sends a true dyno along with the ECU. Otherwise, we'll go by what we see inside the ECU because we don't cookie cut.
I've read that custom tuning is performed on the dyno, to give real-time data analysis. You can monitor everything: air fuel ratio, load bearing, etc etc. This method gives full spectrum of scenarios and allows the programmer to account for changes.

I cannot see how you can do custom tuning without the dyno, and as you said for this product it is not necessary. That in itself confuses me.

Im not knocking the product at all, but want to make sure everyone is fully informed of what is being presented.

benzfan
12-13-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm always skeptical about simple ECU 'remapping'. The engine can and will only run at the fuel/air ratio dictated by the O2 sensor. Any attempt to vary this by telling the ECU to interpret the signal differently or compensate somehow will result in 1) raw, unburned fuel entering the catalyst and trashing it or 2) lean burn, resulting in trashed pistons. You cannot and should not vary this optimum ratio. Race vehicles with no catalyst are a different matter.

Normally, all a reworked ECU (no dyno optimization) will consist of is more aggressive timing map throughout the RPM range. This is guaranteed to cause problems in hot weather as AMG is already pushing the timing under a lot of circumstances to the point where the knock sensors must pull it back. Reliance on the knock sensors ALL the time will cause knocking in hotter conditions that can't be gotten rid of (the C36 already does this by the way) as the sensors can only compensate just so much.

If you run more aggressive timing in very cold ambient temperatures, you might see a slight gain, but to guarantee overall gains under all conditions is not realistic, and to guarantee it with no dyno optimization on a particular vehicle is equally unrealistic.

K1 Motorsport
12-13-2006, 01:19 PM
We can do the same thing during a road tune. Which is why any included dyno benefits you even more. Might as well go with Powerchip and question how they tune your car also. It's to the consumer's advantage to bring a printout of a dyno and mail it with the ECU. If not, we essentially "touch up what's missing" and tune with whatever we have to work with, including what we actually see coming from your ECU.

Ashkan's C280
12-13-2006, 01:23 PM
how much for 97 c280, its the m104 engine, can you do ron 93 for it?

K1 Motorsport
12-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
how much for 97 c280, its the m104 engine, can you do ron 93 for it?

It should be similar to 1998 C280 posted earlier if not the same.

omeyhomey
12-13-2006, 02:49 PM
We all know claims on software are BS, thats just the way the industry works. 10-12 wheel HP is about the max you can get on any AMG engine with software (unless its supercharged of course). AMG already has tuned these cars so well on the software side theres really nothing more to be had with software alone.

Just the truth, my 2 cents

K1 Motorsport
12-13-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm sorry I can't answer all of your questions since I do not know the details of ECU programming. That is done by SpeedInnovation, NOT US. I'm just offering a reputable ECU tuning company other than PowerChip. This thread is meant to let members know what's out there at a competitive rate and yet retain same results.

If you want to get all technical and discourage this thread, please contact ECU tuning company directly and they'll be happy to answer all the questions you may have.

Originally posted by benzfan
I'm always skeptical about simple ECU 'remapping'. The engine can and will only run at the fuel/air ratio dictated by the O2 sensor. Any attempt to vary this by telling the ECU to interpret the signal differently or compensate somehow will result in 1) raw, unburned fuel entering the catalyst and trashing it or 2) lean burn, resulting in trashed pistons. You cannot and should not vary this optimum ratio. Race vehicles with no catalyst are a different matter.

Normally, all a reworked ECU (no dyno optimization) will consist of is more aggressive timing map throughout the RPM range. This is guaranteed to cause problems in hot weather as AMG is already pushing the timing under a lot of circumstances to the point where the knock sensors must pull it back. Reliance on the knock sensors ALL the time will cause knocking in hotter conditions that can't be gotten rid of (the C36 already does this by the way) as the sensors can only compensate just so much.

If you run more aggressive timing in very cold ambient temperatures, you might see a slight gain, but to guarantee overall gains under all conditions is not realistic, and to guarantee it with no dyno optimization on a particular vehicle is equally unrealistic.

K1 Motorsport
12-13-2006, 03:15 PM
[i]Would you happen to have any dynos available? [/B]

Not for W202, but W203's dynos will be available shortly. Thanks.

OCKlasse
12-13-2006, 05:47 PM
I am going to stick up for K1 here and say don't bash him...my brother (The LO C) had speed tuning remap his ECU and his gains were NOTICEABLE...that being said, I would have no doubt that the gains, no matter what car is being remapped, are noticeable. I have felt the difference for myself.

OCKlasse
12-13-2006, 05:48 PM
98 C280

Yes, you will notice the gains.

may I ask why the C280 is $50 cheaper than the C230 of the same model year?

benzboy
12-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Agree with OCKlasse, Chiptuning NZ make a very noticable difference in my C36

K1 Motorsport
12-13-2006, 06:41 PM
may I ask why the C280 is $50 cheaper than the C230 of the same model year?

They are actually 2 different years.

Denlasoul
12-13-2006, 08:06 PM
I am going to stick up for K1 here and say don't bash him...my brother (The LO C) had speed tuning remap his ECU and his gains were NOTICEABLE...that being said, I would have no doubt that the gains, no matter what car is being remapped, are noticeable. I have felt the difference for myself.

Well noone is bashing K1, I think its important inform Members of what is being offered.

I've had my AMG for 4 plus years already and have intensively done research on chip tuning. It is well known that getting 25+hp gains is unrealistic for any NA unmodified car. If you believe otherwise, we are just wasting each others time.

In this item being offered, it is hard for me to accept that this chip is full custom especially if a dyno is not being run at the time of tuning. The term cookie cutter is not a bad thing, it's just a mapping made for all types of a particular car. Full custom is for your car only. Taking a full custom chip from my car and putting it in jnolte's car will yield different gains. Whereas a cookie cutter chip is more suited to be used for both our C43s.

Lastly, I dont care what anyone says about their noticeable difference. Without before and after dynos your gains are all talk.

My stance is to inform others on the board. You can say 25/35/45+hp gains, but the reality is you probably will get a net of 10 or so.

Rey99C280
12-13-2006, 08:25 PM
It should be similar to 1998 C280 posted earlier if not the same.

How about for my 99 C280? How much? Estimated gains?

K1 Motorsport
12-13-2006, 08:40 PM
I understand everyone has different expectations and thought when it comes to ECU tuning. I'd like to provide better answers, but all I can really do is provide number of gains and prices that are provided to me.

Before & after dynos will be available before the end of the month. Although there are no W202s that will be tuned, the end results will speak thousand words. Unless you have different opinions about dyno itself! :o

OCKlasse
12-13-2006, 08:58 PM
97 C230
Price: $349.99

98 C280

The 97-98 C230 is the naturally aspirated 4 cylinder motor (supercharger came in '99). The motor did not change between 97 and 98. I am asking why the V6 model of the same year (1998 in this case) is $50 less than the 4 cylinder.

OCKlasse
12-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Well noone is bashing K1, I think its important inform Members of what is being offered.

I've had my AMG for 4 plus years already and have intensively done research on chip tuning. It is well known that getting 25+hp gains is unrealistic for any NA unmodified car. If you believe otherwise, we are just wasting each others time.

In this item being offered, it is hard for me to accept that this chip is full custom especially if a dyno is not being run at the time of tuning. The term cookie cutter is not a bad thing, it's just a mapping made for all types of a particular car. Full custom is for your car only. Taking a full custom chip from my car and putting it in jnolte's car will yield different gains. Whereas a cookie cutter chip is more suited to be used for both our C43s.

Lastly, I dont care what anyone says about their noticeable difference. Without before and after dynos your gains are all talk.

My stance is to inform others on the board. You can say 25/35/45+hp gains, but the reality is you probably will get a net of 10 or so.

I don't think he is implying that these gains are WHP gains. A Dyno is not going to show you gains at the crank.

While I do think the gains are a little fluffed, when you drive a car with 155hp, any amount of hp you can get helps :p

K1 Motorsport
12-13-2006, 09:06 PM
The 97-98 C230 is the naturally aspirated 4 cylinder motor (supercharger came in '99). The motor did not change between 97 and 98. I am asking why the V6 model of the same year (1998 in this case) is $50 less than the 4 cylinder.

I will ask SpeedInnovation and get back to you.

OCKlasse
12-13-2006, 09:23 PM
I will ask SpeedInnovation and get back to you.

thank you :)

Denlasoul
12-14-2006, 07:50 AM
I don't think he is implying that these gains are WHP gains. A Dyno is not going to show you gains at the crank.

While I do think the gains are a little fluffed, when you drive a car with 155hp, any amount of hp you can get helps :p

I agree with you on these points, but many people here will probably believe that the claims are rwhp. Then when they get dyno tested and see the net affect of like 10, then they come back on the Board and bitch and complian and say that K1 and SpeedInnovations are lying and frauds. :(

Like I said, my point is to inform. I know what to expect from this type of chip tuning. If these gains are alright with you, so be it. You just better know what to expect before buying a product, using it, complaining about it (because they expected something different), and waste people's time.

I as well as many others appreciate K1's efforts to brings us products. I just do not want anyone bitching to us about him being a bad seller and that we promoted him.

Lordkoo
12-14-2006, 08:14 AM
I do not think AMG has optimized every fuel curve on the AMGs especially those are forsale for "normal" customers.

All manufacturers have to take in account that their customers may mistaken or cheaply bump lower/ cheaper octane fuel in their cars. Therefore all stock ECUs are designed to run rich. An engine that is running rich is cooler than one that is running lean.

What aftermarket ECU progamming does is lean out the fuel mixture and timing advancement in considerations that the respective customer WILL be using high quality octane gasoline.

I personnally have a Type R ecu swapped out for comptech ecu which resulted of a smoother and consistent power delivery. Horsepower gain is subjected to how tightly tuned is the engine from factory. For an Integra 1.8 litre engine that produces 195hp, to gain another 20hp by ECU is impossible without changing of hardwares like cams... However on a 4.3 litre V8 motor that produces only 300hp, I believe the potential is much greater.

If Renntech and Kleemann are saying the same result of 20hp to be gained from ECU tunning, why is K1's similar claim is to be any different?

Denlasoul
12-14-2006, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Lordkoo
If Renntech and Kleemann are saying the same result of 20hp to be gained from ECU tunning, why is K1's similar claim is to be any different?
I will not believe anyone's product on a car without before and after dyno runs and long-term follow up.

For example, I can drop 500lbs of weight from my car and my car will feel faster. Did I gain any hp? No. If I ran before and after dynos, will they show a gain? No. Can my car be possibly faster than before if I ran 1/4 miles? Most likely.

K1 Motorsport
12-14-2006, 09:47 AM
thank you :)

There was misprint on the price list I have.
Both are $299.99.

K1 Motorsport
12-14-2006, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Rey99C280

It will be same as 98 C280's.

OCKlasse
12-14-2006, 10:12 AM
There was misprint on the price list I have.
Both are $299.99.

how much out the door for everything?

K1 Motorsport
12-14-2006, 10:17 AM
how much out the door for everything?

$324.74 including sales tax. Since you are local, we can make arrangement to get it tuned.

OCKlasse
12-14-2006, 10:21 AM
$324.74 including sales tax. Since you are local, we can make arrangement to get it tuned.

can you tell me the process? I will be gone in a week or so...so I figure while I am away, this would be a good time to do this.

K1 Motorsport
12-14-2006, 11:43 AM
can you tell me the process? I will be gone in a week or so...so I figure while I am away, this would be a good time to do this.

You can either drive up to LA area to get ECU tuned or just mail the ECU to us and we send it back to you after programming.

kameraguy
12-14-2006, 12:21 PM
K1, if done locally, about how much time does the tuning take? And does the vehicle require x-amount of time to reach full potential, or should you expect to see the gains immediately?

K1 Motorsport
12-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by kameraguy
K1, if done locally, about how much time does the tuning take? And does the vehicle require x-amount of time to reach full potential, or should you expect to see the gains immediately?

In general, it takes about an hour or so.
Below is guarantee infomartion from SpeedInnovation.

Every speedinnovation performance software upgrade sold to customers residing in North America comes with an unconditional 7-day money back guarantee. This is for two important reasons:

1) Your car needs time. The engine¡¯s control unit in modern cars needs time to readjust to a performance software upgrade. It also needs to re-learn your particular driving style.

2) You need time. speedinnovation Engine Performance Tuning enhances many different driving conditions (far more than WIDE open acceleration), meaning you need time to notice and appreciate the defferences. In fact, it¡¯s been said that the better driver you are, the more you appreciate the new modifications.

This 7-day grace period ensures that your expectations are met. If for any reason you are unsatisfied, you may return it to your place of purchase for a full refund (not including shipping and handling).

OCKlasse
12-14-2006, 12:34 PM
In general, it takes about an hour or so.
Below is guarantee infomartion from SpeedInnovation.

man, am I tempted...where in LA do we have to go?

K1 Motorsport
12-14-2006, 12:37 PM
man, am I tempted...where in LA do we have to go?

Hermosa Beach.

OCKlasse
12-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Hermosa Beach.

they do not do dynoing at this place as well do they, to get the most out of it?

K1 Motorsport
12-14-2006, 12:45 PM
they do not do dynoing at this place as well do they, to get the most out of it?

No they don't. However, there is a place for dyno very close by.

OCKlasse
12-14-2006, 12:46 PM
No they don't. However, there is a place for dyno very close by.

alright...I am giving in...can we do it Monday?

K1 Motorsport
12-14-2006, 12:57 PM
alright...I am giving in...can we do it Monday?

Yes.

htfan1
12-14-2006, 02:09 PM
Can I assume a 1995 C220 will have similar results/cost as listed below?

97 C230

K1 Motorsport
12-14-2006, 02:14 PM
95 C220
91 RON: 14hp, 13lb-ft gains

htfan1
12-14-2006, 02:28 PM
95 C220
91 RON: 14hp, 13lb-ft gains

Is the shop open for appointments the week between Christmas and New Year?

OCKlasse
12-14-2006, 03:10 PM
K1 your PM box is full! Paypal sent!

...I will keep everyone notified of any noticeable gains...

K1 Motorsport
12-14-2006, 03:15 PM
K1 your PM box is full! Paypal sent!

Got it. There was some email lag. :p

htfan1
12-14-2006, 03:52 PM

...I will keep everyone notified of any noticeable gains...

YES! We want to know the results...

stox
12-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Let the Dynos begin!!! :cool:

OCKlasse
12-14-2006, 05:36 PM
If K1 would like to Dyno my car that afternoon, they are more than happy to. It is up to them if they want to, but I am offering my car up for the Dynoing. It seems like it would be a good thing for them...

Rey99C280
12-14-2006, 06:07 PM

I'm still waiting for a response. Can you do mine on a Saturday?

OCKlasse
12-14-2006, 06:35 PM

It will be same as 98 C280's.

98 C280

K1 Motorsport
12-14-2006, 07:50 PM

Yes, we can do it on Saturday. PM sent.

K1 Motorsport
12-14-2006, 08:26 PM
If K1 would like to Dyno my car that afternoon, they are more than happy to. It is up to them if they want to, but I am offering my car up for the Dynoing. It seems like it would be a good thing for them...

Evntually, official before & after dynos will be available before New Year's Day for W203. However, K1 WILL COVER after ECU dyno as a courtesy IF anyone will pay for his or her before ECU dyno. I think that's fair. Please note this offer is good for ONE Club202 member only and it's first come first served. Special arrangement will be made for this "event".

OCKlasse
12-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Evntually, official before & after dynos will be available before New Year's Day for W203. However, K1 WILL COVER after ECU dyno as a courtesy IF anyone will pay for his or her before ECU dyno. I think that's fair. Please note this offer is good for ONE Club202 member only and it's first come first served. Special arrangement will be made for this "event".

how much for a "before" dyno?

stox
12-15-2006, 05:12 AM

If I am reading K1 right, they don't do the dyno, it will be up to you. If you are the first to request it, they will pay for the after dyno to prove the performance of their product. This sounds like a very fair deal to me. Very open, too, as you will choose where to get the dyno done so there is no question of bias by having a neutral third party.

K1 Motorsport
12-15-2006, 06:29 AM

Each 3-run dyno is $100.

OCKlasse
12-15-2006, 08:52 AM
Each 3-run dyno is $100. so can they split it into 1 before run and two after runs?

K1 Motorsport
12-15-2006, 08:58 AM
so can they split it into 1 before run and two after runs?

No, that's pointless.

JP@SI
12-15-2006, 09:02 AM
Anyone giving our reseller a hard time? ;).

(Mods, my existence here will be strictly FYI, I'll be here to answer any questions pointed to our tuning software since K1 is onboard).

JP@SI
12-15-2006, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by stox
If I am reading K1 right, they don't do the dyno, it will be up to you. If you are the first to request it, they will pay for the after dyno to prove the performance of their product. This sounds like a very fair deal to me. Very open, too, as you will choose where to get the dyno done so there is no question of bias by having a neutral third party.

K1 and/or SI doesn't exist solely in order to pay for each dyno session after tuning has been done - that wouldn't help us in this industry. In my personal opinion, I'm a strong believer in having a baseline dyno of my vehicle regardless of any mods because if I were the one purchasing some performance part I'd like to know "where I came from" as far as numbers, but not to obligate someone to pay for a complete dyno session just to prove their numbers?

For example:
Would you ask K&N to dyno your car after a filter install?

K1 has offered to pay for half of a dyno session, they are certainly not obligated to, but the fact that he has extended this offer in the first place screams dedication (think of K1 as paying for your baseline).

OCKlasse
12-15-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by JP@SI
Anyone giving our reseller a hard time? ;).

(Mods, my existence here will be strictly FYI, I'll be here to answer any questions pointed to our tuning software since K1 is onboard).

I have a question...I have a cold air intake, (exhaust soon) will that effect at all how you tune the ECU?

OCKlasse
12-15-2006, 09:20 AM
Each 3-run dyno is $100.

are you familiar with the shop close by as to setting up an appointment before and after?

K1 Motorsport
12-15-2006, 09:21 AM
are you familiar with the shop close by as to setting up an appointment before and after?

Yes.

JP@SI
12-15-2006, 09:33 AM
I have a question...I have a cold air intake, (exhaust soon) will that effect at all how you tune the ECU?

I asked K1 about your car and if it had any mods - we didn't know until now :). That's great news and we'll tune it accordingly - right on the dyno.

JP@SI
12-15-2006, 09:37 AM

Is there a certain time you would like it to be? We will be on site. Oh, but do bring a pen.

Renn 208
12-15-2006, 09:48 AM
JP@ SI, thanks for jumping in on the discussion...obviously there are lots of questions!

OCKlasse
12-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Is there a certain time you would like it to be? We will be on site. Oh, but do bring a pen.

Can we do this tomorrow? (Saturday)...at around 11:00?

Denlasoul
12-15-2006, 11:44 AM
I think that is a great suggestion to show a real owner's before and after change.

OCKlasse
12-15-2006, 11:49 AM

alright JP, money is sent to K1 for the Dyno...just get back to me if Saturday at 11 works...and I also need the address to the shop. Thanks

JP@SI
12-15-2006, 12:20 PM
Can we do this tomorrow? (Saturday)...at around 11:00?

That's too short of a notice though - the Monday tune is set in stone because we were aware of the appointment yesterday.

JP@SI
12-15-2006, 12:23 PM
alright JP, money is sent to K1 for the Dyno...just get back to me if Saturday at 11 works...and I also need the address to the shop. Thanks

Our address:

SpeedInnovation / STATUS Auto_Design
1402 Pacific Coast Highway
Hermosa Beach CA 90254

Your dyno location is close by, but meet us here :).

JP@SI
12-15-2006, 12:52 PM

I've heard from K1 that you're requesting a time slot between 11-12, so that's the time we have you scheduled on Monday (18th). Be there a bit early. Being at Status by 10:30 sharp only works to your advantage.

K1 Motorsport
12-15-2006, 12:57 PM
Thanks to JP for organizing this dyno day at the last minute! :cool:

OCKlasse
12-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Thanks to JP for organizing this dyno day at the last minute! :cool:

Yes....thank you! See you guys Monday :)...and yes I will bring a pen

Rey99C280
12-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Will this pass Smog?

K1 Motorsport
12-16-2006, 04:33 AM
Will this pass Smog?

Yes, it will.

LiVn_It_UP
12-17-2006, 07:12 AM
i'm assuming since you can do the C280 and C36 then you can do the 94 E320??

JP@SI
12-17-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by LiVn_It_UP

You assume correctly :).

LiVn_It_UP
12-18-2006, 05:44 AM
You assume correctly :).

price and hp and torque gains??

i have a spare ECU let me check and make sure it works... do you need a dyno sheet??

K1 Motorsport
12-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by LiVn_It_UP

Price is $299.99.
Expected gains are 10+hp and 10+lb-ft.
Please supply a copy of your dyno.

OCKlasse
12-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Hey guys, just came back from my Dyno. I know many of you are anxiously awaiting my results, but my scanner is not working, so I will have to take some digi pics tonight. They will be up tomorrow someway or another. Anyways, let me tell you the goods:

Max hp increase: 5.8 to 143.1...but...
Max torque increase: 16.3! to 165.6
*my only mod is a custom fabricated CAI - 98 C230*

...and yes they are noticeable gains :)...there is gobs of low end torque now! As said, I will post the Dyno tonight. Thanks to Status/K1 for all their help, and especially JP :) one of the nicest guys in the industry!...the car just pulls now!

K1 Motorsport
12-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Glad you are enjoying extra power, Brandon. :cool:
I heard the dyno took extra hour than we anticipated. :rolleyes:

JP@SI
12-18-2006, 04:45 PM
Hey guys, just came back from my Dyno. I know many of you are anxiously awaiting my results, but my scanner is not working, so I will have to take some digi pics tonight. They will be up tonight someway or another. Anyways, let me tell you the goods:

Max hp increase: 5.8 to 143.1...but...
Max torque increase: 16.3! to 165.6
*my only mod is a custom fabricated CAI - 98 C230*

...and yes they are noticeable gains :)...there is gobs of low end torque now! As said, I will post the Dyno tonight. Thanks to Status/K1 for all their help, and especially JP :) one of the nicest guys in the industry!...the car just pulls now!

Likewise - glad you enjoy the extra juice.

JP@SI

Denlasoul
12-18-2006, 08:06 PM
165tq is a good number for a C280.

OCKlasse
12-18-2006, 11:58 PM
165tq is a good number for a C280.

it's a C230 :)

OCKlasse
12-19-2006, 12:32 PM
I just reiterate the fact that this mod was the best thing I have done for the money for my car yet! Anyone with a N/A four cylinder Benzo knows how sluggish it can be. I highly recommend anyone with a C220 or C230 to have this done! The torque is phenomenal!

kameraguy
12-19-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm curious to see what the gas mileage is after this upgrade. Can you let us know if it significantly decreases? Also, how's the engine operating...any warmer?

Sounds like you are having a good time with it :)

JP@SI
12-19-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm curious to see what the gas mileage is after this upgrade. Can you let us know if it significantly decreases? Also, how's the engine operating...any warmer?

Mileage looks like it'll be low for the first couple tanks :).

OCKlasse
12-19-2006, 01:33 PM

Well...of course I have been romping it around, but my highway mileage is exceptional! I barely lost an ounce of gas from my trip from Hermosa to Irvine... =]

htfan1
12-20-2006, 07:38 AM
Well...of course I have been romping it around, but my highway mileage is exceptional! I barely lost an ounce of gas from my trip from Hermosa to Irvine... =]

I curious to see what hp & tq improvements you experience below 3000 rpm. Any luck scanning the dynos?

OCKlasse
12-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by htfan1
I curious to see what hp & tq improvements you experience below 3000 rpm. Any luck scanning the dynos?

my g-damn computer now for some reason doesn't want to read my sim card...I think I am going to have my friend scan it for me. The hp and torque are both increased throughout the entire powerband; not just in particular areas. I feel it from low rpm all the way to redline.

htfan1
12-20-2006, 01:32 PM
my g-damn computer now for some reason doesn't want to read my sim card...I think I am going to have my friend scan it for me. The hp and torque are both increased throughout the entire powerband; not just in particular areas. I feel it from low rpm all the way to redline.

Understand...

If you're unable to get the actual dynos posted anytime soon, could you give me an idea in "text" what hp & tq gains you see at 2000, 2500 and 3000 rpm?

I'd really appreciate it!

Rey99C280
12-20-2006, 01:51 PM
k1

I'm definitely doing this for my 99 c280 after the holidays. :D
How much if I purchase this with an HID kit.

I used a mustang foglights for my W202. Do you have kit for a 893 bulb for mustang foglights?

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n178/rdsuayan/IMG_0199.jpg?t=1166654918

rey

K1 Motorsport
12-20-2006, 03:24 PM
k1

I'm definitely doing this for my 99 c280 after the holidays. :D
How much if I purchase this with an HID kit.

I used a mustang foglights for my W202. Do you have kit for a 893 bulb for mustang foglights?

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n178/rdsuayan/IMG_0199.jpg?t=1166654918

rey

HID kit pricings are available in Classifieds page. Let me check if 893 bulbs are available.

OCKlasse
12-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Understand...

If you're unable to get the actual dynos posted anytime soon, could you give me an idea in "text" what hp & tq gains you see at 2000, 2500 and 3000 rpm?

I'd really appreciate it!

of course :) I'll do it later tonight

htfan1
12-20-2006, 06:32 PM
of course :) I'll do it later tonight

Awesome! Thank you. I'll check back later.

I'm getting ready to chip my 202...

OCKlasse
12-20-2006, 08:31 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/trefiveincognito/Bugatti/DSC06424.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/trefiveincognito/Bugatti/DSC06426.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/trefiveincognito/Bugatti/DSC06425.jpg
sorry they're dark!

top is hp
bottom is tq

Denlasoul
12-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Hmmm. 165.5 at 3405rpms? Wonder why the car seems to drop off and not hold the same amount of torque throughout the curve? Even the OEM curve drops off.

htfan1
12-20-2006, 08:57 PM
sorry they're dark!

top is hp
bottom is tq

The images look good. I appreciate you posting them!

However, I wonder why the data below 3000 rpm is missing.

JP@SI
12-24-2006, 11:07 AM

Hey all - just wanted to comment before the big holiday.

We have no say in the way Church calibrates his dynamometer runs, though he has many years of expertise running and recording the information you see up there BUT it's not like the power disappears from below 3000rpm either - it's certainly there and I bet OCKlasse can comment on it if it is or isn't (since that's launch).

Our automatics do best from a 3rd gear dyno run. OCKlasse' car around 4700 to 5000 does in fact hiccup a bit, but again that's consistent in both runs - tuning just helped raise it :). He should probably feel something in that area - he knows his car best.

VIP_MBZ
12-24-2006, 12:41 PM

FYI, from my experience, it's difficult to dyno an automatic any lower than that because it won't stay in 3rd (the typical gear they use).

-Ray

K1 Motorsport
01-03-2007, 08:08 AM
Holidays are over. Let's get ECU rolling! :p

Denlasoul
01-03-2007, 08:52 AM
it's a C230 :)
Kompressor or not?

Rey99C280
01-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Holidays are over. Let's get ECU rolling! :p

Can you schedule me for this Saturday, 01/6/06 (morning)? I have a 99 C280 V6.
Can you PM me the total cost?

Thanks,
rey99c280

OCKlasse
01-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Kompressor or not?

non ;)

...look closely at the Dyno and it says C230 NA

K1 Motorsport
01-03-2007, 09:30 AM
Can you schedule me for this Saturday, 01/6/06 (morning)? I have a 99 C280 V6.
Can you PM me the total cost?

Thanks,
rey99c280

PM sent.

Rey99C280
01-03-2007, 10:51 AM
PM sent.

Sent payment via PayPal. PM sent.

K1 Motorsport
01-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Rey, hope you'll enjoy the extra juice on Saturday! ;)

Rey99C280
01-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Rey, hope you'll enjoy the extra juice on Saturday! ;)

I can't wait what the Dyno will say.

Rey99C280
01-03-2007, 10:26 PM
K1/ SpeedInnovation

I forgot to ask you about DYNO. I would like to know how much I gained in HP & torque. I also want you to know that my 99C280 has a custom exhaust (Magnaflow) and K&N filter. I'm not sure if you or SpeedInnovation need to know this so you can tune the ECU properly.

rey

Rey99C280
01-03-2007, 10:31 PM
If I'm happy with the results this Saturday, I will have you tune my 350Z too. :D

K1 Motorsport
01-04-2007, 08:56 AM
K1/ SpeedInnovation

I forgot to ask you about DYNO. I would like to know how much I gained in HP & torque. I also want you to know that my 99C280 has a custom exhaust (Magnaflow) and K&N filter. I'm not sure if you or SpeedInnovation need to know this so you can tune the ECU properly.

rey

I have forwarded your mod list to SI.
If you have before & after dynos, please bring it on Saturday.

Rey99C280
01-06-2007, 05:16 PM
Just had my ECU tuned this morning and I'm very happy with the results. I don't have DYNO readings but you can feel the difference. It has better acceleration and more low end torque.

Supercars! Some pics of my car at the shop STATE Auto Design (http://www.statusautodesign.com/) who tuned my ECU. Very Nice people! Thanks for all your help K1/Jose @ STATE.

I'm not sure what I enjoyed more. Getting my car's ECU tuned or seeing all these Exotics. :D

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n178/rdsuayan/Photo_010607_005.jpg?t=1168135884

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n178/rdsuayan/Photo_010607_003.jpg?t=1168135926

K1 Motorsport
01-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Another happy customer! :D
Enjoy the extra power Rey! :p

Denlasoul
01-07-2007, 01:17 AM

DRM
01-07-2007, 01:22 AM

lol, yeah it would be good to see some dyno sheets. you may as well put a 202 on the dyno before and after to help sell your products.

JP@SI
01-07-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by DRM
lol, yeah it would be good to see some dyno sheets. you may as well put a 202 on the dyno before and after to help sell your products.

We are NOT obligated to pay for before and after dynos - in fact K1 had already offered and followed through on paying for an entire dyno session on OCKlasse' car. If you truly wanted to know and were truly inspired to find out, performing your OWN baseline dyno is the most beneficial thing you could do for your car before doing ANY performance mods.

I invite you all to do this, especially for the hp-tq/$.

Denlasoul, are you local? (I assume not since i see the M)

JP@SI
01-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Just had my ECU tuned this morning and I'm very happy with the results. I don't have DYNO readings but you can feel the difference. It has better acceleration and more low end torque.

Supercars! Some pics of my car at the shop STATE Auto Design (http://www.statusautodesign.com/) who tuned my ECU. Very Nice people! Thanks for all your help K1/Jose @ STATE.

I'm not sure what I enjoyed more. Getting my car's ECU tuned or seeing all these Exotics. :D

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n178/rdsuayan/Photo_010607_005.jpg?t=1168135884

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n178/rdsuayan/Photo_010607_003.jpg?t=1168135926

Hey Rey,

Glad you enjoyed the afternoon (and the "Changing of the Guards"). Have fun with that car...before you do any bigger plans with us :).

JP@SI

Oh btw, it's Status Auto Design haha.

JP@SI
01-07-2007, 09:02 AM

Denlasoul, deal with me directly if you ever decide on getting an ECU tune. If you aren't satisfied, we always have a 30-Day guarantee.

OCKlasse
01-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by DRM

Has everyone been hiding under a rock? I posted my Dyno sheets...go look at them (on page eight)! I have a C230 and gained significant figures (especially torque - which is what this car needs). I am sure that with a C280, gains would be at worst the same if not much better considering it has two extra cylinders.

OCKlasse
01-07-2007, 09:24 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/trefiveincognito/Bugatti/DSC06424.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/trefiveincognito/Bugatti/DSC06426.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/trefiveincognito/Bugatti/DSC06425.jpg
sorry they're dark!

top is hp
bottom is tq

Rey99C280
01-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Hey Rey,

Glad you enjoyed the afternoon (and the "Changing of the Guards"). Have fun with that car...before you do any bigger plans with us :).

JP@SI

Oh btw, it's Status Auto Design haha.

That's right, Status Auto Design. What am I thinking. :confused:

Thanks for all your help JP@SI! By the way JP@SI, here's a pic of my 2 babies. he he :D

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n178/rdsuayan/IMG_0255.jpg

Next project, my 350Z?
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n178/rdsuayan/IMG_0244.jpg

Denlasoul
01-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Denlasoul, deal with me directly if you ever decide on getting an ECU tune. If you aren't satisfied, we always have a 30-Day guarantee.
Possibly...... oh and no, I am not local. :(

Has everyone been hiding under a rock? I posted my Dyno sheets...go look at them (on page eight)! I have a C230 and gained significant figures (especially torque - which is what this car needs). I am sure that with a C280, gains would be at worst the same if not much better considering it has two extra cylinders.
While the tq is quite impressive, I am still concerned about hp. For my car, tq and hp are the same and I would like gains equal in both aspects. While I know this may be difficult, it is still a concern for me.

OCKlasse
01-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Possibly...... oh and no, I am not local. :(

While the tq is quite impressive, I am still concerned about hp. For my car, tq and hp are the same and I would like gains equal in both aspects. While I know this may be difficult, it is still a concern for me.

Please consider that my car has roughly ~150hp stock and I have a 2.3L 4 cylinder. You on the other hand, have a 4.3L 8 cylinder. Considering my car's stock figures, I made quite a respectable gain in both. Just because my car only gained 6whp with a chip does not mean your will not gain considerably more.

Teck
01-09-2007, 03:17 AM
Ok here I come :D

I live in Europe taht means we got 95/98 or 100 octane gas. Does that matter for a C43 AMG (stock engine with green filters) 100k miles.

What would be the price incl. shipoing and how much for a Under-Drive Pulley System?

All together in one box shiped to me :D

Thanks
Phil

K1 Motorsport
01-09-2007, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Teck
Ok here I come :D

I live in Europe taht means we got 95/98 or 100 octane gas. Does that matter for a C43 AMG (stock engine with green filters) 100k miles.

What would be the price incl. shipoing and how much for a Under-Drive Pulley System?

All together in one box shiped to me :D

Thanks
Phil

Higher octane will not matter.
ECU is $549.99 and UDPS is $369.99.
Shipping is not included.

Teck
01-09-2007, 09:32 AM
Higher octane will not matter.
ECU is $549.99 and UDPS is $369.99.
Shipping is not included.

Not that bad. How much do you think will the HP gain be and can you give me a shipping quote?

I wanna be honest with you. I'm gona take your offer or if possible a HPS system Gen. 1 (which are sold out of what I heared).

K1 Motorsport
01-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Teck
Not that bad. How much do you think will the HP gain be and can you give me a shipping quote?

I wanna be honest with you. I'm gona take your offer or if possible a HPS system Gen. 1 (which are sold out of what I heared).

HP gains are mentioned in the first page of this thread.

JP@SI
01-11-2007, 04:06 PM
Pictures are worth a thousand words:

http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/2300/dynographvi4.jpg
Car has Evo Pulleys, Sl55 Splitter, Filters and SI Custom-Tuning.

Compare to Renntech StageII+ C32 (http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177077)

Please see K1 for details.

K1 Motorsport
01-23-2007, 04:06 PM
I think we have shown proven dyno results on both W202 and W203. Please note ECU tuning is available for all Mercedes models including W202.

RemoLexi
01-24-2007, 07:09 PM
Would this be a good ECU upgrade for my turbo'd C230 project ?

Im getting deeper into turbocharging and still need to know what are good ECU upgrades along with fuel upgrades.

K1 Motorsport
01-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Would this be a good ECU upgrade for my turbo'd C230 project ?

Im getting deeper into turbocharging and still need to know what are good ECU upgrades along with fuel upgrades.

ECU will be perfect upgrade if you have turbo'ed your C230. For best results, we recommend you to have dyno results so we can better tune your ECU to its fullest potential. :D

RemoLexi
01-24-2007, 08:09 PM
alright, so ill leave ECU last step . gotcha!

youll be hearing from me thats forsure!

K1 Motorsport
01-24-2007, 08:19 PM
alright, so ill leave ECU last step . gotcha!

youll be hearing from me thats forsure!

You know where to find me. ;)

K1 Motorsport
01-31-2007, 08:45 AM
BUMP

K1 Motorsport
02-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Bump :bunny:

RemoLexi
02-21-2007, 05:53 PM
my turbo project is going slow, im keeping the ECU off for last like you said after I get some Dyno specs, but ill still be contacting you when im ready and get closer to it, fisho :p

K1 Motorsport
03-06-2007, 10:02 AM
BUMP :bunny:

mike mac
04-04-2007, 12:31 PM
what about a 97 c280?

K1 Motorsport
04-04-2007, 12:41 PM
$299.99

Originally posted by mike mac
what about a 97 c280?

Proven Guilty
04-04-2007, 02:00 PM
I may have a W208 CLK320 coming in with an eisenmann exhaust :bunny:

K1 Motorsport
04-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Proven Guilty
I may have a W208 CLK320 coming in with an eisenmann exhaust :bunny:

No problem. Please PM/email me to make appointment.

K1 Motorsport
05-09-2007, 12:26 PM
bump

C280_Spawrt
05-09-2007, 06:09 PM
HI, i've got a 2000 C280. i am very interested in a chip for my car. by the time i send you my ECU i'll have a cold air intake and an eisenmann exhaust. what do you think expected gains would be for my car (it's the V6, i think...) and what about price? thanks!

i'll be contacting you in the near future!

K1 Motorsport
05-09-2007, 10:24 PM
my turbo project is going slow, im keeping the ECU off for last like you said after I get some Dyno specs, but ill still be contacting you when im ready and get closer to it, fisho :p

No problem. Just let me know whenever you are ready.

K1 Motorsport
05-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by C280_Spawrt
HI, i've got a 2000 C280. i am very interested in a chip for my car. by the time i send you my ECU i'll have a cold air intake and an eisenmann exhaust. what do you think expected gains would be for my car (it's the V6, i think...) and what about price? thanks!

i'll be contacting you in the near future!

With ECU alone, expected gains are 15hp, 13lb-ft using 91 octane and 19hp, 17lb-ft using 93 octane. Price is $299.99 shipped.

C280_Spawrt
05-23-2007, 02:43 PM
With ECU alone, expected gains are 15hp, 13lb-ft using 91 octane and 19hp, 17lb-ft using 93 octane. Price is $299.99 shipped.

with exhaust and intake, what do you think the gains would be? What I'm trying to say is, do I need to let u know about the exhaust and intake in order for you to program it differently to work in conjunction with my mods?

OCKlasse
05-23-2007, 02:46 PM
What I'm trying to say is, do I need to let u know about the exhaust and intake in order for you to program it differently to work in conjunction with my mods?

yes.

K1 Motorsport
05-23-2007, 02:55 PM
do I need to let u know about the exhaust and intake in order for you to program it differently to work in conjunction with my mods?

Yes. Even better if you have dynos.

Powerslave
06-25-2007, 01:25 AM
Anything for a

SM318751 VRE
Version: 38/94

?

K1 Motorsport
04-21-2008, 07:29 AM
Bump

expo5.0
04-21-2008, 11:29 AM
can you widen my injector pulsewidth?

C230KSPORT00
04-21-2008, 11:31 AM
00' C23k with full magnaflow exhaust??

K1 Motorsport
04-21-2008, 11:34 AM
We need dynos to fine tune based on your mods.

C230KSPORT00
04-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Do you NEED dynos or is it just better to have one? Would it really be that much more benefitial for me to get have dynos? Thanks

K1 Motorsport
04-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by C230KSPORT00
Do you NEED dynos or is it just better to have one? Would it really be that much more benefitial for me to get have dynos? Thanks

For exhaust mod, you don't really need it since it won't give u gain that's worth the dyno.

C230KSPORT00
04-21-2008, 12:46 PM
Im getting an intake soon. If I were to get the chip should I wait and get dyno with intake and exhaust, or is it not worth the dyno like before? Thanks

K1 Motorsport
04-21-2008, 12:49 PM
Make sure the intake will GAIN from stock. It's best to do stock dyno and then intake/exhaust dyno.

C230KSPORT00
04-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Damn thats alot of dynos and $$. The intake will definetly gain from stock. A member on here had it custom made from his freind and will be making me a duplicate pretty soon. (hopefully)

Denlasoul
04-21-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by C230KSPORT00
Damn thats alot of dynos and $$. The intake will definetly gain from stock. A member on here had it custom made from his freind and will be making me a duplicate pretty soon. (hopefully)
Maybe you should hold off on your tuning. I get the impression that you do not understand some of the more basic concepts.

C230KSPORT00
04-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Maybe you should hold off on your tuning. I get the impression that you do not understand some of the more basic concepts. [/QUOTE] This is true... I am just curious though, the only reason why I am interested is because $300 is alot less than the other ECU upgrades.

Denlasoul
04-21-2008, 02:12 PM
True, this product is quite affordable.

What I said was not to insult you, but just let you know that not everything is what it seems. K1 says to get before/after intake dynos to get a better idea of what you are dealing with (performance wise). A dyno will give you better insight into hp/tq at given rpm and load levels. In addition, it can give you a/f ratios, which help in prolonging the life of your engine.

Yes, I agree its expensive. Though doing it right would be alot cheaper than buying a new engine.

I have seen many intakes out on the market, and I'd say less than 1% actually give gains.

Just food for thought.....

expo5.0
04-21-2008, 02:50 PM
so- can you guys tune my car?

I can get dyno numbers to you etc. etc.-

mods-

air-water intercooled hps gen I kit with stock 5 psi boost "goal" (4-4.5 psi actual boost)

whatever fueling system you guys can support- ideally a 1:1 rising fpr or so and a larger pump (you'll have to really open up the injectors)

-drew

K1 Motorsport
04-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Yes, we can.

Originally posted by expo5.0
so- can you guys tune my car?

expo5.0
04-21-2008, 04:31 PM
how do we start? and REALLY?

What parameters can you adjust?

Will i be mailing my ecu back and forth (i'd imagine this might take a few tries based on past in-person dyno tuning on other cars)?

how will cost work for this situation?

I will call tomorrow

C230KSPORT00
04-21-2008, 07:48 PM
True, this product is quite affordable.

What I said was not to insult you, but just let you know that not everything is what it seems. K1 says to get before/after intake dynos to get a better idea of what you are dealing with (performance wise). A dyno will give you better insight into hp/tq at given rpm and load levels. In addition, it can give you a/f ratios, which help in prolonging the life of your engine.

Yes, I agree its expensive. Though doing it right would be alot cheaper than buying a new engine.

I have seen many intakes out on the market, and I'd say less than 1% actually give gains.

Just food for thought..... Thanks for looking out for me. :D

Kustomhonda
07-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Has any C43 owners built the courage to try out the upgrade yet? If so.....dyno results pleeeeease!