PDA

View Full Version : Starter Relay

RemoLexi
12-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Hey. my car wont start sometimes - I turn the key all the way, the lights turn on but the engine wont turn over. no sounds at all (clicking ect.) my first guess would be the starter relay ... can somebody point to the location of it (C230). Ill give it 5 minutes and it will start up like nothing ever happen.

how often does the start itself fail on these cars ?

Can very heavy rain in the freeway contribute to this ?

Please help me before I get stuck somewhere and tow my car. Thanks alot guys!

Remo.

Prez
12-14-2006, 10:21 AM
Any other symptoms when it fails to start? Do the security lights on the mirror flash?

Have you tried being more gentle when you insert the key and turn? Somebody told me there is a security sensor that attempts to detect things like people jamming foreign objects into the ignition switch with great force.

RemoLexi
12-14-2006, 12:28 PM
the cluster lights all go on, everything seems normal but when I turn the key to start the engine its like the starter is missing. no clicking clacking blinking nothing at all. give it 10minutes and starts up like always and no CEL.

I never jam the key in fast because these switch blades can break easy if not careful with them. :(

I need help really badly, today I was stuck at Subway for 45minutes trying to deal with the cars' attitude.

taking it to my car electrition today, see what he can do.