PDA

View Full Version : Unorthodox Racing Pulleys

Lensolo
12-19-2006, 07:39 AM
On the lookout for horsepower gains, I went to Unorothodox Racing website to see if they had an application for MB. They have a pretty good history for making underdrive pulleys and making real hp and torque. I had them on my SR20 and the gains were very noticeable. They didn't have a set for any Mercedes engines so I wrote and asked about it. Here's their reply:

"We have been talking with a Mercedes tuner and we expect to design parts in the second half of 2007. Stay tuned to our web-page for updates.

Thanks for your question,

Shawn Baumgartner

P: 631.586.9525 x.16

F: 631.586.2599

www.unorthodoxracing.com

So, that's cool. We'll see.

Denlasoul
12-19-2006, 07:44 AM
I contacted them a loong time ago and they were not too helpful. :(

FYI: there are tow places currently selling underdrive pullies for the C43: evosport and bekkers (I think bekkers may be buying them from evosport).

If unorthodox can sell them at a good price, I bet there would be a decent demand.

Lensolo
12-19-2006, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Denlasoul

FYI: there are tow places currently selling underdrive pullies for the C43: evosport and bekkers (I think bekkers may be buying them from evosport).

If unorthodox can sell them at a good price, I bet there would be a decent demand.

That's another reason i was looking. The prices from EVOSport are retarded and i've heard some funky stuff about them anyways. If UR can sell their set for just a little less, they can totally steal the market.

davis449
12-19-2006, 11:42 AM
It says on evosport's sight that you can get them for the C 280 V6 as well. Are under drive pulley's worth it. Do they make enough of a difference that you can feel in an NA car?

omeyhomey
12-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Ive had UR pulleys before and I was not happy with them, alot of design flaws and overall just not worth. Dont bother with either, besides they are both too late :) Be on the lookout early 2007 (within the next month) :D :cool: