PDA

View Full Version : shocks brands

EDM6VIP
12-19-2006, 12:58 PM
i need to replace my front passenger shock (blown)
i'm getting it from local autozone/kragen/pepboys
i need to know what good brand to get.

please help me out!

Proven Guilty
12-19-2006, 01:00 PM
replace in pairs (both front shocks or both rear shocks).

billstein sport shocks are a good replacement since you've cut your springs. they'll be better suited for the lower ride height

Denlasoul
12-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Also save one of your old ones in case the new ones blow out and you need to send it back. You can swap out the new for an old, and send the new (broken) one out for reparis/replacement and still drive your car.

EDM6VIP
12-19-2006, 03:45 PM
how bout KYB ??? what do u think?

Proven Guilty
12-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by EDM6VIP
how bout KYB ??? what do u think?

not designed for a lowered car. not like you really listen or care to follow advice anyway though. good luck with the KYBs since your'e going to buy them anyway, or you've probably already bought them.

jnolte
12-19-2006, 04:32 PM
KYB suck

bish0p
12-19-2006, 09:28 PM
I had kyb on my car before. they blew out. they suck really bad. i have bilsteins now with h&r lowering springs and i love it. i'd go with bilsteins if i were you.

davis449
12-20-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Proven Guilty
not designed for a lowered car. not like you really listen or care to follow advice anyway though. good luck with the KYBs since your'e going to buy them anyway, or you've probably already bought them.

Yeah KYB's suck. I would go with Bilstein Sports (NOT HD's cause they are OEM length) or Koni adjustables on your cut springs. But I echo the sentiments of the quoted user above.