PDA

View Full Version : Is This Even F-ing Possible??

OCKlasse
12-21-2006, 01:30 PM
I need help on this one! When I was first building my cold air intake, I accidentally had the coupling fastener on top of the coupler, and when I shut the hood, I had a huge dent sticking out of my hood :o. I had it repaired shortly after (this was in April, obviously fixed the position of the fastener), and now I go out to my car this morning, and it's back! It has been eight months since the first incident, and I have done nothing differently between then and now, why would my dent come back in the SAME exact place??? This is so bizarre, I don't know what to make of it. Any ideas?

Proven Guilty
12-21-2006, 01:42 PM
that is pretty odd. what did you do to fix the dent the first time? only thing i can think of is that it's been unseasonably cold for california the past week, and the tempurature drop could have caused the metal to pop back.

OCKlasse
12-21-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Proven Guilty
that is pretty odd. what did you do to fix the dent the first time? only thing i can think of is that it's been unseasonably cold for california the past week, and the tempurature drop could have caused the metal to pop back.

that's what I was thinking...I went to this place:

www.autorecon.com

they did a good job...or so I thought :o

joshm38
12-21-2006, 11:32 PM
do u have pictures ? how big is ur intake?

trymonlam
12-22-2006, 04:51 AM
how about bringing it back to those guys and have them fix their work?

OCKlasse
12-22-2006, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by trymonlam
how about bringing it back to those guys and have them fix their work?

I am going to, but I don't know how hard it will be to prove that they're at fault.

trymonlam
12-22-2006, 09:57 AM
well,
i guess u have to go first and talk to those guys. if they are reasonable people, it shouldn't be a problem letting them know that something's wrong on what they did last time.
whether they will do it again for free or not is another thing, but at least u can go and see what they say about this.

NEA-4311
12-23-2006, 01:24 AM
Aliens dude...
:alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien:

Abuimad
12-24-2006, 12:27 AM
yeah that is weird, i dont know if dents usualy come back due to cold weather, but i wont be suprised...

benzofanatic
12-24-2006, 12:49 AM
my car in the body shop cuz some one hit it when it snowed here. one friend that used to be a benz mechanic said that when ur car goes in to the shop it has to come out like nothing happened regardless of wheather. so if that dent came back then obviously it was not fixed and they should have the repair on file so i would go back, good luck i hope it gets fixed.

Espresso
12-24-2006, 08:54 AM
If they did the PDR with heat & dry ice, then YES it is very likely it will come back, especially if you live in area of extreme temp differences.

If done properly the dent will never come back. But most of the time shops do a quicky job, just to get it in & out especially if it's an insurance job.

benzofanatic
12-24-2006, 07:59 PM
why would they do a quicker job for insurace? arent they getting the money either way and the owner is still gunna be just a picky.

Espresso
12-24-2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by benzofanatic
why would they do a quicker job for insurace? arent they getting the money either way and the owner is still gunna be just a picky.

When first done it is never noticeable. Insurance pays more, then your ty[ical WIC. More turnaround= more cash. If 1 in 50 come back, you still make one hell of a profit & that 1 customer is hardely noticable in the long run .

Abuimad
12-25-2006, 01:00 AM
i thought insurance companies pay less, but send much more cars in...

Espresso
12-25-2006, 03:26 AM
Oh no. Ins co's have always paid more than a walk in. Atleast with every shop I have dealt with &/or worked in(this goes for other countries as well). Especially if you know the estimater at the shop.

For instance I had a AE86 when I lived in Japan. I had a car smack into my front end, mnot much damage, just bumper & fender. My cost without ins to fix, was just a front spray & some new front end parts. The ins co's cost was to respray the ENTIRE car, replace all the bumper supports, headlights, check for frame damage,ect..
My est was $600
Ins co was $2700 which they gladly wrote me a check for. I paid the body man a bit extra & pockected the cash.
Illegal..No
Immoral? Well I pay for the ins, I am damn sure going to use it. :D

benzofanatic
12-25-2006, 08:25 PM
good point

Woody
01-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by OCKlasse
I need help on this one! When I was first building my cold air intake, I accidentally had the coupling fastener on top of the coupler, and when I shut the hood, I had a huge dent sticking out of my hood :o. I had it repaired shortly after (this was in April, obviously fixed the position of the fastener), and now I go out to my car this morning, and it's back! It has been eight months since the first incident, and I have done nothing differently between then and now, why would my dent come back in the SAME exact place??? This is so bizarre, I don't know what to make of it. Any ideas?

So, what ever happened? Did they fix it for free?

OCKlasse
01-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Woody
So, what ever happened? Did they fix it for free?

Yeah...he agreed to fix it for free. So being the generous person I am, I let him take all my other dings out.