PDA

View Full Version : w202/s202 rear bumpers compatable?

ryhi
12-22-2006, 11:09 PM
i was wondering if the sedan rear bumper is the same as the rear bumper on the wagons? if anyone can help me out i would greatly appreciate it. i want to run the rear lip on the silver wagon shown here

http://www.rieger-tuning.de/Modellshow/Mercedes/W202/w202.html

i want to make sure it is going to fit before i give it a go.

NEA-4311
12-23-2006, 01:22 AM
No, it doesnt fit. Sorry.

BBW
12-23-2006, 05:41 AM
Im pretty sure they are compatible...?

Espresso
12-23-2006, 06:34 AM
Park a C class next to a S class & you will see the HUGE difference in size.
I was thinking it(both front & rear bumpers) until I parked next to one at a local resutraunt(Niko's) & was like.."Ok, nevermind".

RemoLexi
12-23-2006, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Espresso
I was thinking it(both front & rear bumpers) until I parked next to one at a local resutraunt(Niko's) & was like.."Ok, nevermind".

S202 is a station wagen W202, I dont think hes talking about S-class.

I cant see why the lip wouldnt work :)

BBW
12-23-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Espresso

As stated above, an S202 isnt an S-Class. :confused:

Recent S-Class are W220 and W221.

I have just checked part numbers & they are the same, will 100% fit.

Proven Guilty
12-23-2006, 02:37 PM
i'm pretty sure the rear bumper on the S202 is extended out further than the W202. However, you could probably use that same bumper since the width itself is the same, and have the length trimmed then molded to your current bumpers.

with all the reiger pieces, i feel they look like complete garbage unless they are molded into the OEM bumpers for that clean no-lines look.

RemoLexi
12-23-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Proven Guilty

with all the reiger pieces, i feel they look like complete garbage unless they are molded into the OEM bumpers for that clean no-lines look.

I knew I wasnt crazy for thinking that! yea they seem too ... Bulky I guess.

Proven Guilty
12-23-2006, 03:35 PM
they look great once molded though :D

rman
12-23-2006, 09:51 PM
i too think they they look like complete ass. they are way too fucking bulky and big, especially the rear piece.
i think the side skirts look to much like a 3-series, and the new side skirts just look completely retarded.

as far as molded/'glassed onto the bumper, it does look cleaner and a bit better, but personally i think it still looks like ass. It just looks like a full body kit bumper, in other words a rear bumper that's 8 feet tall.

Espresso
12-24-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by RemoLexi
S202 is a station wagen W202, I dont think hes talking about S-class.

I cant see why the lip wouldnt work :)

Doh'..ok then.