PDA

View Full Version : buying c43 need advise.....

c43speed
12-28-2006, 05:35 PM
Hello all .After owning several recent mustangs,it is time to buy a c43,a car which I always loved and cherished.There are several cars I'm looking at all 98's one 99.What does one look for when buying the c43.Problem areas,concerns etc.Ther is one I'm leaning towards it is a 98 black with two-tone interior with 83k on it.They want $14,900 for it and the car visually is flawless.It looks like a 20k mile car! Should I be concerned with mileage.I've always bought real low mile stangs and I'm verrrrry picky.Hard to find low mile 97-00 c43's.The other is a 98 silver,two-tone interior with 70k ish miles.Also extremely clean in- out but it is pricey $18,900 at benz dealer.Will I be dissapointed with the perf compared to the stang i'm used to? I live in n.j. and these said cars woul;d be purchased over the net at reputable dealers so i'm buying sight unseen.Really would love to drive one ist before I commit myself to a particular car.Any advise would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

jnolte
12-29-2006, 12:23 AM
Transmissions.

Lordkoo
12-29-2006, 06:27 PM
TOO HIGH! Prices you seen on these C43 are too high... They don't hold their resale value well.

I got one mint condition '98 C43 with 36k for $13k several months ago.

Just take time and patience to find the right car.

MAF issue is what I have seen and came across.

Originally posted by c43speed
Hello all .After owning several recent mustangs,it is time to buy a c43,a car which I always loved and cherished.There are several cars I'm looking at all 98's one 99.What does one look for when buying the c43.Problem areas,concerns etc.Ther is one I'm leaning towards it is a 98 black with two-tone interior with 83k on it.They want $14,900 for it and the car visually is flawless.It looks like a 20k mile car! Should I be concerned with mileage.I've always bought real low mile stangs and I'm verrrrry picky.Hard to find low mile 97-00 c43's.The other is a 98 silver,two-tone interior with 70k ish miles.Also extremely clean in- out but it is pricey $18,900 at benz dealer.Will I be dissapointed with the perf compared to the stang i'm used to? I live in n.j. and these said cars woul;d be purchased over the net at reputable dealers so i'm buying sight unseen.Really would love to drive one ist before I commit myself to a particular car.Any advise would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

c43speed
12-29-2006, 07:46 PM
WOW,That is hard to believe.I'll look to be more patient.Did an autotrader for c36-c43 country wide and came up with 47 cars.Lowest mile example was 40k and he wanted $24,000 for it.Average mileage was 80k,avg price was $ 16,000.So as far as i see it these cars resale values are HIGHER than you think.Does anyone know where else one could search for a nice clean c43.:D

OzC36
12-30-2006, 04:05 AM
The price that somebody advertises for their car and the price they will accept can be worlds apart.

We know that these are very special cars but the average Joe Bloke has no idea of the value and is even less inclined to pay big bucks for an "old" car. So as a buyer you are dealing from a position of strength.

Many factors are involved but time is the ultimate bargaining tool. After a number of months, a seller becomes rather jaded and will usually accept any "reasonable" offer.

I bought my C36 for 33% less than the originally advertised price because the dealer had it for sale for six months and was very keen to get it off his block. We were both happy!

Put your price on the car, do some bargaining but if your offer is rejected, go to the next car on your list.

Good luck!

tinter101
12-30-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm thinking about selling my C43. This car has never seen winter
and is 100% perfect condition. Everything works as new and it has some nice extras. I've put about $7,400 into this car since
I've owned it. It's a 1998 with 75,000 miles. You can e-mail me direct if you like. Sorry I don't have any pics available at the moment but there is a pic of it at www.staytunedaudio.com.
When I say I'm thinking of selling, it's just that. Serious buyers
only. I paid more than normal to get this one because of how clean it is and the rare color/interior combo. Let me know, Scott.