PDA

View Full Version : Noise has me stumped!

Don C230
12-30-2006, 08:56 AM
I have got a noise that sounds like it is coming from the left front wheel of my 1997 C230. The sound is similar to the harmonic whine of out of round rotors / undampened pads. It only occurs at very low speeds (under 10 mph), while the wheels are turned to the left about a third or half way to lock, with or without the brakes being applied, and usually (but not always) after the brakes have been used in traffic. It started right after I had the front brake pads, rotors, shocks, and wheel bearings replaced. I have taken it to both the independent tech who performed the other work and another locally respected independent tech. None of us have been able to locate the problem. I would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks in advance for any and all insight,

Don

OCKlasse
12-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Don C230
I have got a noise that sounds like it is coming from the left front wheel of my 1997 C230. The sound is similar to the harmonic whine of out of round rotors / undampened pads. It only occurs at very low speeds (under 10 mph), while the wheels are turned to the left about a third or half way to lock, with or without the brakes being applied, and usually (but not always) after the brakes have been used in traffic. It started right after I had the front brake pads, rotors, shocks, and wheel bearings replaced. I have taken it to both the independent tech who performed the other work and another locally respected independent tech. None of us have been able to locate the problem. I would appreciate any ideas.

Thanks in advance for any and all insight,

Don

check mbworld :bunny:

jnenad16
12-30-2006, 11:06 AM
one of those parts hasnt been seated properly, most likely the bearings.

nenad

Don C230
12-30-2006, 11:20 AM
Is there a possibility that it will subside after a bit of wear or do you think the seating should have happened during assembly?

Appreciate the reply,

Don

jnenad16
12-30-2006, 02:33 PM
it usually only get worse, not better.

nenad