PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Estimate!!!

Cru328prod
12-31-2006, 05:39 PM
Some a$$ cut me off, and I ate the curb I’ll just leave it at that. There was no cosmetic damages done to the body, but what did happen was the curb had a broken pole sticking out of it, which bent the transmission pan, broke some kind of bracket that was under the transmission that’s held up by 4 bolts, and tore yes, tore a nice hole in the exhaust. Last but no least the transmission must of shifted because when I place the car in reverse I have to put it in the middle of park and reverse in order to do so, and when im in drive, it pops out into neutral. Now the car sounds like a ricer with a big ol fart pipe. Its pretty funny cause some guy was trying to race me, and when we got to the light he was like wtf do you have in that thing. I said supercharger and a nice exhaust leak, he laughed lmao. Would you guys say its more then 500 dollars in damage, including labor and parts? BTW Happy new years, don't drink and fu*k up a 202:D lmao be safe

1SIKBNZ
12-31-2006, 05:47 PM
dude, on our cars a piece of pastic could cost you 500 bucks.. lol, im sorry to hear bout you accident, glad your ok and all but for sure gunna be more than $500 most likly.

RemoLexi
12-31-2006, 05:53 PM
undercarriage is the most unppredictable type of damage. call insurence.

Cru328prod
12-31-2006, 06:27 PM
lmao Well that’s what I was debating about, because my deductible is $500 dollars, now I don’t know if I have to make a police report or what, it wasn’t like the other car was damaged asshole keep on driving didn’t get a plate number was to busy worrying about if my whole front end being taken off, and was going to beat his ass but the car wouldn’t move until I placed it in 4th gear. By then he was gone. im going to goto benz tuesday to get a estimate. i really don't know what to do in this matter because this a 1st.

xvvvz
12-31-2006, 07:40 PM
That sucks, man. Let's hope the transmission is just being affected by the broken mount. You can look up the parts that broke on this site and then start pricing them at the online parts places. That will help you get a clue as to the price.

http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb0.asp?TP=1

I think this will fall under your uninsured driver coverage since it is a hit and run. Press hard for this with your insurance people because then you will not get a black mark against your insurance which would hurt your rates. I would have been best if you had filed a police report. That would help your case. You might go back to the place where it happened and snap some digital pictures to bolster your case. If you can show a picture of car parts on the ground or paint on the pole, that would help. I have learned you really have to stand up for yourself with your insurance company. Especially when the estimator comes out. They have incentive to keep the claim as low as possible.

RemoLexi
12-31-2006, 09:08 PM
dont bother w/police report. your wasting your own time cops are useless bastards who dont do anything but pick on speeders I have absolutly no respect for police officers and the legal system. :mad:

69chevelle
01-01-2007, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by RemoLexi
dont bother w/police report. your wasting your own time cops are useless bastards who dont do anything but pick on speeders I have absolutly no respect for police officers and the legal system. :mad:

But remember... without cops, there would be no system of checks and balances.
If there were no useless bastard cops in this world, you couldn't safely walk down the street without getting your virgin ass raped by some homicidal maniac..

Cru328prod
01-02-2007, 05:32 AM
see i just hate cops who think there above the law, they should follow every law, just like anyone eles would, but hey thanks for all the information, i'll start pricing everything off today

Luwin1026
01-02-2007, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by xvvvz

I think this will fall under your uninsured driver coverage since it is a hit and run. Press hard for this with your insurance people because then you will not get a black mark against your insurance which would hurt your rates. I would have been best if you had filed a police report.

I'm curious as to how to state one's case that it would fall under uninsured driver/hit-and-run as there was no second party involved other than the person cutting the driver off. Granted that they contributed to the driver hitting the curb/damaging his car, even if there was a plate # taken down it would be more of a he-said/she-said type of thing. But I will defer these type of fault/insurance questions to the resident adjusters/insurance folks on this board.

It is hard to provide an accurate estimate without seeing pictures of the actual damage, as well as not assuming that there are no other damaged parts/components besides the obviously noticeable ones. Take for example, the hole in the exhaust - is it small enough to be fixable? Or will the dealer estimate it as a complete replacement, or if they would even consider fixing it at all? I would assume a dealer would rather replace it to be on the safe side of the liability fence later down the line - if that's the case, then I would venture to say that estimates would run over $500. And if you had hit the curb somehow, I would get the suspension components/axle(s) checked as there is possibility of damage resulting from the impact.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident - hope it gets resolved quickly and your car is back on its healthy feet for 2007.

xvvvz
01-02-2007, 06:54 AM
>>I'm curious as to how to state one's case that it would fall under uninsured driver/hit-and-run as there was no second party involved other than the person cutting the driver off.<<

I said that because I got the impression that the accident was due to the actions of the other person who cut him off and forced/gave Cru328prod no other choice but to go into the curb in order for a more dangerous or life-threatening accident to be avoided. Cru328prod didn't eloborate, so maybe that isn't the case.

Espresso
01-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Cru328prod. If I was still in Port Charlotte I could help you more. But alas, I just moved here.
Anyway, where did this happen? On a main strip, like Daniels pkwy, colonial, Del Prado, ect..? If so they have traffic cameras, that would have caught it..TRUST ME ;) . Also if there was a pole just sticking out of the ground that is hazzardous & should have been removed. So the city WILL pay your deductable. But not the entire estimate because their roads did not cause the accident, but rather caused the damage to your car.

Do not waste time getting internet estimates for parts. Take it to the MB collision center on 12490 Metro Pkwy & have them do a PROPER estimate..do not go guessing at what MIGHT be wrong.
I hope you documented the time, location & took pictures of the pole, ect...RIGHT? The more info you have to give to the city, lawyer, & your insurance company. The faster your claim gets processed & the better you look towards your insurance.

I would recommend this lawyer. G,B,C, R&P their number is 334-1146 & they are at 1515 Broadway Street.
Keep a level head, & talk intelligently( not saying you already do not) & you will get more respect from all sides.

I fully trust the MB shop in Ft Myers. This car wouldnt just go to anyone.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/ProjectCheap13/mercedes1.jpg

Cru328prod
01-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Well guess what you guys only spent 50 dollars fixing all that damage myself, i bent the brackets back into place, patched the exshust. now when i get the tranny serviced again i'll replace the tranny pan. only thing i have to do now is drop the tranny and put those rubber gaumets in and im set.