PDA

View Full Version : W202 w/ HID Owners (only)

EDM6VIP
01-03-2007, 08:42 AM
This is only for the owners who has HID OEM or Plug and Play Kit.

issue.....

I recently put HID (aftermarket) Hella ballast & Phillips 4300K on my '95 C220 and I noticed the gauge cluster clock restarts to 1:00 , I've put in a relay to get more better power, but it still restarts (more often). I heard that you can have the MB dealer re-program the ECU to recognize the HID, but I called them, talked to a tech advisor and he says it cannot be done. (???)

So....
Do you guys have this issue (resolved or still active) if so what did you do to resolve it?

Let me know, it'd be a BIG help!

my plan.....
I am planning on putting ( 2 ) relays instead of ( 1 )
I figure it would be much better, faster power transfer individually.

mbsickness
01-03-2007, 12:27 PM
I have installed the Bekker's OEM HID kit on a 96 C36 and a 94 C280. Both cars were plug and play after replacing the headlight fuse with a larger amp (15amp from 7.5 amp IIRC). No issues with the cluster resetting, bulb out indicator, and no dealer programming needed. Hope this helps.

Espresso
01-04-2007, 07:05 AM
Like mbsickness says a bigger fuse & I believe a new bigger relay is needs. I can get the part number off my relay if needed.

pnsji
01-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by EDM6VIP
I heard that you can have the MB dealer re-program the ECU to recognize the HID, but I called them, talked to a tech advisor and he says it cannot be done. (???)

This only works with newer mercedes when the ECU keep track of the equipments in the car. This way, when you install an OEM HID, the ECU will recoqnize it.

Alps
02-14-2007, 06:59 AM
Ive replaced mine with oem HID clusters, as said here, only thing i had to do was fuse upgrade to 15A, otherwise everthing else was ok.

Frenchy
02-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Hi,

Never had problems with my HID, but I've no ECU, since my C250 TD is a 97 (prefacelift), but some european members have had same problems like you.

The solution was to put a bigger battery instead of the Standard One.

No problem for me, since my Diesel needs from factory a 120 Amp battery, the biggest 12V battery you can find...:D

Regards,

Frenchy.

PS : after installing some LEDs City lights (european rules), i've got the Light for Blb problem in the Cluster.

the Solution was to put in // some little capacity Resistors 68 Ohms 5% ;)