PDA

View Full Version : City lights operation question

Espresso
01-03-2007, 03:08 PM
I know on my other cars with city lights they would turn off when I turned on the headlights. With the Benz the city lights stay on when I turn on the headlights.
Is this normal for this car? If so I have to find a way to turn them off as it looks retarded.
Yeah, I know stupid question. But I am going over the car & noticing these little things.

Espresso
01-05-2007, 06:53 AM
Anyone? Someone here has to have city lights. I am taking apart my front end this weekend & if I have to fix them I will. I would hate to take these things back out again.

xvvvz
01-05-2007, 12:34 PM
My guess is that people aren't sure what you mean by "city lights." Same thing as "parking lights?"

Espresso
01-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Oh if they had city lights they would know. :D
They are uber EDM & JDM hawtness LOL

Anyway. Parking lights are like the side markers, ect.
City lights are small wattage bulbs in the headlights...about 6W. Not to be confused with parking lights. As parking lights are just that..for parking. The city lights are used for driving along side streets at night or highly lit areas where headlight cause a distraction(like driving through a parking lot & blinding someone who is tring to park).

I havent seen them come factory on anything but Xenon headlights. I want to switch them out for color bulbs but I cant beings as they stay on all the damn time.

Her is a link describing what "city lights" are.
http://www.mz3.net/articles/223.html

Here is a pic of the city lights & headlights
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/Black05PT/DSCF4197.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92/Black05PT/DSCF4194.jpg

ncd
01-06-2007, 04:49 PM
I hate assholes who drive round with the high beams on blinding every one, I think ive got sensitive eyeballs.. but I like to drive up to these scrotem sacks and 3 meters from them blast on your own main beam, + High beams + fog.. how do you like it ... prats
I drive with my side slights and main lights (non agresive).. and use my high intensity lights where its is dam well necessary.

xvvvz
01-06-2007, 04:56 PM
>>City lights are small wattage bulbs in the headlights...about 6W. Not to be confused with parking lights.<<

So how are they turned on? Separate switch on the dash? Do you also have fog lights in the headlamp housing, too? The lights you show kind of look like when you turn the U.S. fog lights on by themselves.

Espresso
01-06-2007, 06:36 PM
I have city lights( on the dial it's right before the low beam), low beam, hi-beam & fog's. The way the switch is rotated is..
Clockwise..
1st..city lights
2nd..Low beams
3rd.. High beams
CounterClockwise....
1st.. Park lights front
2nd.. Park lights all

I never use these so it may not be 100% correct
Pull out..
1st.. Front fogs(
2nd..Rear fogs

The pics I posted are of the citys & Low beams(NOT the hi-beams). They are the step under the brightest you can get.
I only ever use the city's or fogs. Hardly ever the high beams. Only at night when I am alone on the corridor..no traffic. The lows are PLENTY bright.

ncd
01-07-2007, 07:00 AM
yeh its the ones who have the rotary pulled out and all the way to right and the indicator stalk pushed forward.
(what ever the equivlent of that is in other cars heh)..
highly anoying and uncivilised to say the least also unsafe..

pnsji
01-19-2007, 10:38 AM
In the non US W202, the city lights go into the headlight, just like the picture posted by Espresso

In US W202, the city lights go into the corner light.

The city will stay on when you turn on the low beam.

c280nz
01-19-2007, 12:44 PM
i put those little blue bulb condoms over my one which made them blue so they dont look so orange and gay

Abuimad
01-19-2007, 11:38 PM
i turn it the first time i got the side lights on, a secound time and i got low beams...thats it, i dont think i have that city lights thingy

ncd
01-20-2007, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by c280nz
i put those little blue bulb condoms over my one which made them blue so they dont look so orange and gay

hmm where did you get em friend??

ncd
01-20-2007, 02:05 AM
oh just thought I would mention, I got some "xenon" headlamps from Ebay, included where some free LED side lights, which where pritty cool, but after about 1 mnth one of them died.. and the xenon where meant to be "blue" and they barely are :(

97C28O
01-20-2007, 07:55 AM
I was just thinking of these City Lights myself. As i was going to order a pair of corner bulbs that is "invisible" inside the clear corner. the Philips Silver Vision www.powerbulbs.com has this special where you buy anything and you get a pair of W5W Philips lBueVision. Those are for the city lights i believe. I just don't know if these will work in US 202s. BBW has these on his car. Look up his thread.

Anyone can confirm the city lights on US versions?