PDA

View Full Version : electronic issues

DRM
01-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Hello,

Last night I noticed the BAS light flickering to the beat of my sub woofers lol. And the coolant light was coming on and flicking off every so often. I read that it has something to do with low voltage in the system so it is turning itself on and off.

I don't know what would have caused the coolant light to come on every so often? It was a pretty hot night and was in bumper to bumper traffic for atleast 2 hours but the coolant tank is full.

Also I disconnected the battery the other day and had to get into the boot via the engine bay with jumper cables, no problem just reconnected the battery, reset the windows but forgot to do the full lock to lock steering reset. After I did the lock to lock reset of the steering wheel the bas light didn't seem to flicker and I didn't see the coolant light again but by this time I was out of the traffic.

At the moment I have the left door panel off as I was running the wires from the sill to the door for the w210 mirror install. I had the indicator wire tapped already but it wasn't hooked up to the mirror yet, was just taped up on the door (just waiting on some plugs from the dealership, was originally going to cut wires on the mirror but will wait now).

Now when I lock the car with the remote the indicator lights don't flash at all. But when I unlock the car with the remote the indicator lights flash.

I remember the indicator lights don't flash when you are locking the car with the remote if a door isn't closed properly, is the door panel being off causing this? How does it know that the door panel is off?

And another thing, in the upper console where the lock and unlock / warning lights / head rest dropper buttons are the lock button doesn't work on this anymore. But the unlock function does work on this button. Is this related to the door panel being off?

All the locking and unlocking functions have been acting like this since the door panel has been off, this never happened before.

Thanks.

DRM
01-08-2007, 01:05 AM
bump