PDA

View Full Version : Remove or Shave off the Antenna

Avi Horowitz
01-07-2007, 05:00 AM
hey how do i completely remove the rear antenna and then shave it of? nobody uses antennas anymore, if i remove it will the radio still pick up FM frequencies?
thanks

matt09
01-07-2007, 05:58 AM
Mmmm the antenna is pretty anoying and I thought about taking it off as well, but I dont think you would have good reception.
Maybe unplugging the power to the antenna motor would do the trick?
I hate it when Im turning the car on... Turn the key to ON and the antenna starts going up, start the engine and the antenna goes down, 1-2 seconds later the antenna goes up again and finally stays somewhere!

VIP_MBZ
01-07-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Avi Horowitz
nobody uses antennas anymore, if i remove it will the radio still pick up FM frequencies?
thanks

All cars still have antennas, they are just a lot better about concealing them or making them look more sporty. If you remove your antenna, you will significantly reduce your FM reception.

-Ray

1sickC
01-07-2007, 07:29 PM
the newer models still have an antenna, however its just a cord and and box that is ran threw your rear bumper. i wouldnt be surprised if the old and newer models have the same hook up jack, if you got a newer models antenna you could shave yours and still have one. And yea there would be little/no reception without one. In the trunk behind the carpeting on the drivers side is where the jack connects. hope this helps

Avi Horowitz
01-08-2007, 05:44 AM
so if i disconnect the jack then the antenna wont go up? will i still be able to play cassettes?

NEA-4311
01-08-2007, 01:50 PM
What does the cassette has to do with ANY of this? I dissconnected mine a long time ago and replaced it with one an aftermarket. I put it on top of my windscreen behind the mirror. On the outsideI kept the black rubber base (I removed the antenna) and put some kind of rubber cork and sealed it with silicone, looks 99% OEM but closed all the time offcourse. Im very very happy with the result.

Avi Horowitz
01-09-2007, 03:49 PM
i know its in the trunk behind the gray covering but how do you remove the gray covering? its hard to get it off

NEA-4311
01-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Avi Horowitz
i know its in the trunk behind the gray covering but how do you remove the gray covering? its hard to get it off

No its not..! :) its easy to figure it out, just be patient and experiment, its pretty flexible so all you have to do is to remove the trunks floor carpet and pull the gray covering towards you a little bit. You ll get the idea.

Avi Horowitz
01-14-2007, 01:29 PM
is there anyone i can keep the antenna from going up when i turn on the cassete player? i only want to play casetes, is there any seeting that keeps the antenna down?

RemoLexi
01-14-2007, 01:35 PM
I have a question, where can i get the antenna that sticks to the inside of my windsheild and how do i hook that up and bypass the OEM "up/down" antenna in my quarter panal??

NEA-4311 - my question mostly goes to you because youve done that mod already, mind putting up a few pics ?? Thanks!

NEA-4311
01-15-2007, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by RemoLexi
I have a question, where can i get the antenna that sticks to the inside of my windsheild and how do i hook that up and bypass the OEM "up/down" antenna in my quarter panal??

NEA-4311 - my question mostly goes to you because youve done that mod already, mind putting up a few pics ?? Thanks!

Well you can go to any ICE shop and install one, dont buy the cheapest if you want a decent signal, dont have to buy the most expensive either. :) Shops that install and sell in-car soundsystems, them fellas.:) Simple as that.